Weekend dinner and drink menu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunfighter04

Reaction score
Long weekend for most, what's on the menu in HBT?

Having a few friends over on Sunday. I hate having too many beers on the day before going back to work. Yes I'm getting old.

Saturday cranking up the smoker, I've got two Pork Butt's that I'm picking up this afternoon and will be getting hit with the dry rub and then going in the smoker on Saturday. So it'll be:

Pulled Pork sandwiches, Potato Salad, Beans and various sundry sides. I've got about 10Gal in corny's a Summer Lager, Irish Red, and a case or two of bourbon oaked Porter, if you aren't completely stuffed after all that.

Weather here in NW Pa is clearing on Saturday then Sunny thru the rest of the holiday. We haven't had two sunny days in a row for a while around here.

Shaping up to be a great weekend!

I'm headed to Austin this weekend under unfortunate circumstances, but I hope to try to get to the Gingerman and maybe find a few bottles of Jester King at the Whip In.

Some family is coming over Sunday and I'm smoking a bone-in prime rib roast; haven't decided on the sides yet. I'm thinking garlic mashed potatos, grilled veggies, and parm-garlic bread (I love me some garlic). I have a weizenbock, black imperial rye IPA, and toasted coconut porter on tap right now to go with it so it should be a good weekend.

SWMBO and I have an all-day yardwork day planned for Saturday, during which I'll be sloooowly simmering some BBQ pork ribs all day. After a long day of yardwork, we'll have some fall-off-the-bone ribs, fresh veg, and, of course, my IPA, my Maris Otter lawnmower beer, Hoegaarden clone and an experimental all-Munich lawnmower beer that's now ready.

Neither of our brews will be ready for this weekend. I'm broke. Maybe son will help out with something for the pit. I'll go hide my head in shame now...:(

Headed up to Long Island to see my wife's father, who's a fun guy and a big drinker. We tend to spend a lot on liquor when we visit him, but tonight I'm going to try the saison experiment that's been conditioning for almost a month now and hope it's improved from the swill I had two weeks ago! We'll do some grilling on the back porch, usually some italian sausages and vegetables from a local market. For some reason, that mention of potato salad got my mouth watering for summer barbecue!

I'd liked to have done my pull the bones out ribs. Or maybe some Angus tri-tip sandwiches. With my home made tater salad & our two ales would be great. Damn Dr bills & freakin banks...

Back