Grand Theft Auto IV Shizzle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
(I don't feel like screwing up another thread over GTA4 with Evan! so I think it's time we have one.)

I played turf wars for the first time last night with sniper rifles. Is it just me, or is there no zoom?

(I don't feel like screwing up another thread over GTA4 with Evan! so I think it's time we have one.)

I played turf wars for the first time last night with sniper rifles. Is it just me, or is there no zoom?

There should be....maybe we need to start putting live gamertags in a thread...I would have never thought of other HBT people playing GTA :)

There's zoom, as far as I know. While you're aiming and looking through the scope, press the left analog stick up or down.

hehe, nvm then. I am fighting the man when it comes to a PS3

There should be....maybe we need to start putting live gamertags in a thread...I would have never thought of other HBT people playing GTA :)

or PSN names

There's zoom, as far as I know. While you're aiming and looking through the scope, press the left analog stick up or down.

oh, not clicking it as in L3....but up or down? I even looked on the big ass map and nothing was there about zooming.

Oh noes, not XBL!? Me and 98exl and landhoney roll with PSN.

I wish the PS3 had the XBL online....the only thing it lacks

hehe, nvm then. I am fighting the man when it comes to a PS3

ended my 17 year hatred with Sony for a PS3. I have played all 3 of the consoles very vigeriously with my buddies, and for 1 system to buy, this IMHO was it. Plus I freaking love the integration with the PSP....but I miss XBL, I did the original Beta testing for it......and I miss it dearly, oh well

Werrrrrrrd. You find a new jarb yet?

sent my resume out to my clan wed and thursday....am waiting to hear back from some big companies, some small companies, and the government....I'd love a coushy IT Government job

I've had the PS3 for a week now and I feel like it's worth twice the price. Media streaming, web browsing, BD player... and GAMES..

and don't forget boobies on it as well

I don't know why kids play Grand Theft Auto 4. If they spent half the time they spend playing this game on learning how to carjack REAL cars they could be stealing and robbing and shooting people in real life!

I just don't understand why you would want to push some plastic buttons on a controller and pretend you're an immigrant hitman when you can just as easily go to another country and kill people for money!

Maybe I'm just old school...

(nod to all the Guitar Hero threads complaining that kids should just play real guitars)

ended my 17 year hatred with Sony for a PS3. I have played all 3 of the consoles very vigeriously with my buddies, and for 1 system to buy, this IMHO was it. Plus I freaking love the integration with the PSP....but I miss XBL, I did the original Beta testing for it......and I miss it dearly, oh well

You might be right, but if thats the case its a new trend that developers are starting to be able to write for the console. Its first year or so on the market it was a failure. Every dual console game out was running horribly on it and the xbox was having no issues with framerates etc...

Some day if I decide to go blu I might get one, but I don't want two dead format players.

As to GTA. I just made it to the second island when your first hideout gets burned down, so I have a LONG way to go. I haven't even messed with the online yet.

The biggest problem I have with blu-ray is that I now feel like I have to upgrade my 720P front projector to 1080p in order to get the full benefit. It's like when I finally got HD cable and was running a 480p display. Money was burning a hole in my pocket at that point.

At this point I just robbed the bank, got my bu-ku bucks, and I have all of the islands now open....This is the most GTA I've ever played only because SWMBO and I did VIce City together (awwww, so cute)

I'm 35% through the game....how much of the game do the missions take up?

Also, does it really matter if I blow off people calling me to hangout? I mean, christ, I'm on my way to a mission and someone calls every 3 missions....

At this point I just robbed the bank, got my bu-ku bucks, and I have all of the islands now open....This is the most GTA I've ever played only because SWMBO and I did VIce City together (awwww, so cute)

I'm 35% through the game....how much of the game do the missions take up?

Also, does it really matter if I blow off people calling me to hangout? I mean, christ, I'm on my way to a mission and someone calls every 3 missions....

Not sure how much the missions take up, really. I've been sort of taking my time with them.

You can blow them off as much as you want, but keep in mind that you'll want to make it up to them later by calling them and doing stuff. I like having their special favors at my fingertips---the best, of course, is Little Jacob's guns, but I also like the free cab ride from Roman and the free heli ride from Brucie. Oddly enough, even though I've gotten carmen up to 100% for a long time now, she still tells me to go to hell every time I call her for extra health tips.

Not sure how much the missions take up, really. I've been sort of taking my time with them.

You can blow them off as much as you want, but keep in mind that you'll want to make it up to them later by calling them and doing stuff. I like having their special favors at my fingertips---the best, of course, is Little Jacob's guns, but I also like the free cab ride from Roman and the free heli ride from Brucie. Oddly enough, even though I've gotten carmen up to 100% for a long time now, she still tells me to go to hell every time I call her for extra health tips.

oh, I've gotten to the point where my COD4 skills have helped me out a lot...except when I forget to aim a grenade, and it drops and I wonder where it went.....(read: LJ's guns are not a factor for me)

Who is Carmen?

oh, I've gotten to the point where my COD4 skills have helped me out a lot...except when I forget to aim a grenade, and it drops and I wonder where it went.....(read: LJ's guns are not a factor for me)

Who is Carmen?

What do you do for ammo? I gotta say, when I'm about to jump into a mission, it's nice to just be able to dial up LJ and have him meet me in a nearby alley to sell be ammo and body armor. I don't always need it, but it's nice to have around when I do, considering the damn backalley gun shops are so few and far between.

Carmen's some belligerent chica I'm dating. Met her on love-meet.net. ***** ALWAYS be callin me. Even if I just took her on like 4 dates, she calls me up and is like "how come you never take me out?" Once she likes you enough, you're supposed to be able to call her and ask her for medical advice (she's a nurse) and it'll give you a health boost. But she always tells me to f*ck off.

is LJ's prices cheaper than the weapons shops?

Ahhh, sillly women...can you bang hookers in this game or what?

is LJ's prices cheaper than the weapons shops?

Ahhh, sillly women...can you bang hookers in this game or what?

When you have 300K+, you don't worry about $$. Since you did the bank job, you should be loaded. I like LJ because he'll usually meet you a few blocks away. But yeah, they are definitely cheaper.

You can bang hookers...but I haven't figured out how. Not that worried about it honestly. I would guess that you pull up to a woman that looks like she's hookin and honk the horn.

Banging hookers!?!?! Reading your descriptions of the game is f*cking hilarious! We have the more family friendly Wii at my house, but GTA sounds pretty funny.

Banging hookers!?!?! Reading your descriptions of the game is f*cking hilarious! We have the more family friendly Wii at my house, but GTA sounds pretty funny.

You don't know the half of it. Taking a couple skanks around for a double-date in a heli with Brucie is hi-larious. The guys who wrote Brucie's dialogue should win an oscar.

lol gave my 360 to my brother for a x-mas present cause i wasnt playing it much........sat and watched him and one of my buddies play GTA and now i want to buy another 360....

You don't know the half of it. Taking a couple skanks around for a double-date in a heli with Brucie is hi-larious. The guys who wrote Brucie's dialogue should win an oscar.

Between Brucie being 'genectically superior' and Jacob....WTF is Jacob ever saying, I totally agree. Brucie cracks me the eff up!

I'm stuck in this game. Since I've been able to spend lots of time on this game, I'm now 49.49% through the game. I had to make a choice between killing Francis or Derrick....I got annoyed with Francis being full of himself, so when it came time to pick between the two, I shot Francis. Since I've shot him, I have no where to go on the map, although Packie said that there was a funeral, I have no idea where it is.

Does this game ever end?

So I think I'm on the last mission.....and from what I've heard from buddies of mine, the ending has been a little different for everyone. I'm just freaking pissed I can't get it......

Currently I'm 62% through the game, and got my 100% mission completion with Francis eventhough I shot him in the head....sweet

ok, so for those who don't know there are updates available for PS3 and PSP

PS3 gets 2.36 while PSP gets 4.00 with google in the XMB

Supposedly 2.36 fixes "glitching with hot title games" which I'm hoping is my GTA4 because it's been glitching more and more as I go through the game...ie weapons shops have no weapons or boxes for them to sit on till I reach where the body armor should be.....we'll see if this fixes it

Ok, help me out. I got the bright idea that killing the gun shop owner would just allow me to grab all the weapons and run. Yeah, bad idea. They don't let me in anymore. So, does anyone know if a change of clothes is enough to fool the guy?

Man Ive been wanting to start GTA for a few weeks now, but I still haven't gotten my gold cross in COD4 yet

Ok, help me out. I got the bright idea that killing the gun shop owner would just allow me to grab all the weapons and run. Yeah, bad idea. They don't let me in anymore. So, does anyone know if a change of clothes is enough to fool the guy?

hmmm, I dunno about that one at all

Man Ive been wanting to start GTA for a few weeks now, but I still haven't gotten my gold cross in COD4 yet

just do it...I took a break from GTA4 last night to play MGS4....god damn Snake is a bad ass!

I saved right before the "big choice" near the end and played out both scenarios. Still not 100% yet, though - still have assassin missions, jumps, the most wanted crooks vigilante missions, and flying rats to get.

I roll XBL. Cops and Crooks is the best multiplayer mode, at least when you're playing with people you don't know. Deathmatch with random people is a "die every three seconds" proposition.

Hey there is an ad for Nikko above the Quick Reply...lol

Anyone notice the assassan missions are really easy?

BTW, the gunshop let me back in after a simple jacket change.

I just made it to the new safehouse after the big fire.. I'm super slow because I'm splitting my gametime between GTA, Tiger Woods and Rockband.

Finally got the last mission complete....it was so easy but soooooooooo hard at the same time....66% through the game.....100% here I come

at 72% now....found a nice checklist to printout to make sure I know what I need to get 100%...I'm on a roll now

Back