Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fijidave12

Reaction score
The request has been made to do one last grain buy for the year. This will be it until probably March of 2012. We doubt anyone wants to be out in the miserable Tennessee weather in January or February splitting up grain. :tank:

Grain Buy Pallet #1

Grain Buy Pallet #2

Catalog

To place your order, go to the spreadsheet and log your order on it. Everyone that could access the spreadsheet for Round 4 should be able to access Round 5. If you don't have access to the spreadsheet, email me ([email protected]), and I'll fix it.

The grain is per sack. The PBW is # of lbs out of 50# bucket. The StarSan is portion of a gallon.

I just added quite a few bags to the sheet. I'm more than willing to take some off depending on what everyone else needs.

I just added quite a few bags to the sheet. I'm more than willing to take some off depending on what everyone else needs.

Do you want 2 sacks of flaked corn or 1/5 of a bag? I think you want a 1/2 bucket of PBW and not a whole bucket, is that correct?

I would like to get some melanoidin malt if there is enough of us interested. It is used in a lot of recipes for imperials and D.I.P.A.s. The problem is; 5 pounds will last a LONG time since it is used so sparingly.

Guess I have a good reason to buy a mill now. These grain prices are great!!any recommendations on the brand for base malt and or specialty??

Guess I have a good reason to buy a mill now. These grain prices are great!!any recommendations on the brand for base malt and or specialty??

A lot of folks buy the Canadian Melting 2-Row, it is a great price. Take a look at some recipes you will want to brew in the next six months.

I would like to get some melanoidin malt if there is enough of us interested. It is used in a lot of recipes for imperials and D.I.P.A.s. The problem is; 5 pounds will last a LONG time since it is used so sparingly.

I will pitch in and take 5 pounds, just to help you.

I just loaded my list. Anybody down for another PBW bucket?How about a split on 6-Row? Also Some Honey Malt>

Check the first post for the e-mail address. E-mail Dave and he will give you access. We have lots of room on a lot of specialty splits.

This is a list of the available splits remaining:

Vienna: 0.5
Honey malt: 0.75
Roasted Barley: 0.25
Lactose: 0.6
C-20: 0.3
C-40: 0.8
C-80/90: 0.2
Aromatic: 0.8
Melanoidin: 0.1
PBW: tentatively filled

Dave and I have decided that we need to do 2 pallet for this buy. I think we will do a separate document for the second pallet, that way if it doesn't fill we will know who posted after the first pallet filled up. Spread the word out and invite other brewers in on the buy.

I have locked the first pallet, so if anyone wants to add anything, please post it here and I'll edit the sheet. This way we can keep some control of the splits amongst the two pallets and not have multiples of the same grain.

Back