Hof Ten Dormaal yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuldTuborg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone cultured yest from a bottle of their blond/amber saison? It has an incredible spicy funkiness to it that's really unique. I'm tempted to try to grow a culture for a summer beer this year, and would appreciate anyone sharing similar experiences. If I'm the first, well, I may just have to do a little bit of trailblazing and report back here on how things go.

I am drinking the amber now, and was thinking the same thing. Did you ever try it? I think i'm going to add the dregs to a funky belgian wheat i've got souring and see what happens.

Went to check on my starter I had going with this yeast, and it had a ton of mold. I was going to scoop it out, but decided to just try it again with another bottle. Why not, since it's a delicious beer.

Whoa, a reply! I had given up on this "thread." Actually, I never got around to trying it, though I'm a bit more motivated to try now. Good luck with your attempt, and let me know if you get anything out of it.

Back