Apple Hill Califronia, any referals for raw juice???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hex

Reaction score
Last year I made a great batch of hard apple cider from the trees in my backyard. This year we didn't get enough apples to juice. I have a friend who is requesting a batch and I was wondering if I could just go up to Apple Hill and get a carboy filled with raw fresh juice?

I live in Roseville, CA and Apple Hill is about an hour away.

I would like to take a clean 6.5 gal carboy up there to get 5 gal for hard cider.

Any referrals to orchards would be appreciated. Thank you.

Boa Vista orchard is where Fox Barrel gets their cider from. I got it their for $5 a gallon. I do prefer Bishops pumpkin farm in Wheatland though.

Thanks above, and I just got this response from e-mail:

Hi-
I would check with the ranches that have their own cider mills… You can contact Boa Vista Orchards at 530-622-5522, High Hill Ranch at 530-644-1973, Rainbow Orchards at 530-644-1594 or Bolster’s Hilltop Ranch at 530-644-2230. I am sure one of them would be able to help you out…

Ann Wofford

Apple Hill Growers Association

Executive Director

530-644-7692

www.applehill.com

Also got this from Jamil!!!! :p

I haven't gone in a long, long time. A couple of the places have signs
that say "your container, $xx per gallon." Can't remember which ones.

Even if they don't have that, just take a carboy anyway and ask at the
place where you like the cider the best. If you are nice about it and
they are pressing or filling containers at the time they will often
just do it for you.

JZ

Hex-
Im in the Bay Area and looking for quality fresh organic cider by the gallon. Let me know if you find anything good from the Apple Hill growers. I might make the trip up there in two weeks, if you have any good recommendations. Organic might be hard to come by.

Whole Foods is having a sale on Organic Pasturized Apple Cider 2@64 oz = $5 (per. gal.)

So I just pitched my first batch of the season with 11 bottles! I'm going back for more today for batch #2. Save the gas if you can.

I aim to start the second on the first's yeast cake, any thoughts?

Back