New to keggin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got a quick question. I am just about finished my 4 tap keezer build(I will post pics when it's complete. I just got my co2 tank filled today at the local welding supply. I just thought of this now, is the co2 there the same/ok for homebrewing? Thanks...hope I didn't mess it up.

Yep, its the same stuff. You'll hear about 'medical grade' and 'food grade', but unless you are buying little CO2 bulbs for pellet guns (which have some sort of lubricant in them too), its all pure CO2.

some people buy a used steel tank and learn the hard way that it was mis-treated and got rusty inside, which taints the flavor of the beer...but that's very rare.

I've ONLY used welding gas in my beer systems, and in aquariums. NO problems.

Ok, thanks a lot for the re-assurance guys. I thought that would be the case but didn't want to hook up the beer and find out it's not the same. And as for my tank it's a new 15lb aluminum tank so I'm safe there.

Thanks again

Back