Brew Day in photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarCityBrewMaster

Reaction score
I decided to break out my digital this weekend and document the process. This is a Honey Brown Ale extract from Austin. I apologize for the sideways photos.

Ingredients
DSC01305.jpg

I use my stove top to get the water started - attempting to save propane!
DSC01308.jpg

Moved outdoors to the turkey fryer
DSC01309.jpg

Hard at it! :drunk:
DSC01311.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

She doesn't feel good
DSC01325.jpg

All better!
DSC01326.jpg

Awesome. It looks like you went to 5.5 gallons in the Better Bottle? My buddy has one and we asked the LHBS where the 5 gallon mark is and he said just at the bottom of the very top "ridge" is 5 gallons, is that right? Or is that a 5 gallon BB? I like that thermometer setup. I've been using a cheap mercury thermometer and I'm questioning its accuracy.

Thanks guys! Yes I tried to cram as much wort in a 5 gallon carboy as possible so I could watch the process since my first batch was done in a bucket. Probably won't do it again until I get a 6.5 gal.

The blow off tube didn't make me lose much at all, I think it just helped relieve all the pressure that was building with the airlock. You can even see where it was splattering on the tub and the walls with the airlock. Once I switched it was 99% foam that came up with almost no liquid whatsoever. But even the foam was minimal with the switch.

Got to have that front line of defense! This is actually what I do for the first 24-48 hours until it settles. After that I pull it out and place it in a closet.
DSC01316.jpg

Not sure the make or model because it doesn't seem to be listed on the thermometer, nor do I know if the probe is coated or naked, I'm sorry I cant be of any help to you there. But I consider it a great buy from Wal-mart in the cooking/kitchen section for around $12!

Back