Shout out to the homies...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is someone near me. not sure if i believe it, cause ive never met em... :) homebrew_99 your just a straight shot east from me. across the great :confused: state of iowa.

catfish said:
I felt isolated before.... I'm just a little east of all you. Aim for China and keep going. :(
Never realized you were so close to Osaka. Are you considered in Osaka proper?

LupusUmbrus said:
Never realized you were so close to Osaka. Are you considered in Osaka proper?

Not Osaka proper, but we're all the Kansai Region (West Japan) we speak our own dialect and have our own food. Locally we're usually lumped into Kobe, but really it is 15 minute to either Kobe or (western) Osaka. Most of the world just considers us the Not-Tokyo-Part of Japan.

catfish said:
Not Osaka proper, but we're all the Kansai Region (West Japan) we speak our own dialect and have our own food. Locally we're usually lumped into Kobe, but really it is 15 minute to either Kobe or (western) Osaka. Most of the world just considers us the Not-Tokyo-Part of Japan.
Ah, I see. That map is terribly difficult to find anything on. I'm hoping to take some vacation time out that way in a year or two (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara).

So is it true that Kansai folks eat rice with their okonomiyaki? (;)x10)

LupusUmbrus said:
Ah, I see. That map is terribly difficult to find anything on. I'm hoping to take some vacation time out that way in a year or two (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara).

So is it true that Kansai folks eat rice with their okonomiyaki? (;)x10)

Yeah, but you should check out those freaks in Hokkaido, they BOIL their monkey first!!? :mad:

If you want specificity, try pasting this into the Google maps:

西宮市、伏原町 3ー17

You might need to go to Google Japan, but maybe no.

By the way that's not MY house it's pointing at, I'm sorta kitty-corner to the right... the small one.

orfy said:
Don't ask me why but I just put in directions for Buckingham Palace to the Moon and it did it!
How'd you get it to do that? I tried and it just suggests a number of streets in the UK (Half Moon Lane and such)

Cool. Well until I get some money to join and put my picture up you can see what Thunder and I look like on it:)

hey... the North Carolina/Virginia area seems to be a LOT stronger in numbers that the TX crew. Either you Cowboys aren't representing yourselves, or The Southern Colonial Brewforce is *really* the Capitol of the North American Homebrewtalk Nation.

-walker

Japan is pretty far. I'm halfway there compared to the rest of the brew community. Wait a minute, I thought there was some kind of 1% max alcohol homebrew law w/ since the Corporate beer companies bribe the gov to make it that way. Or something.

Yes the map is a PITA it keeps snapping back to North America when I try to scroll away.

Walker said:
hey... the North Carolina/Virginia area seems to be a LOT stronger in numbers that the TX crew. Either you Cowboys aren't representing yourselves, or The Southern Colonial Brewforce is *really* the Capitol of the North American Homebrewtalk Nation.

-walker

This site is wierd that way, IMO....it seems we have a crapload of NC/VA, TX, and Uk brewers, and then a small scattering of everywhere else. It is like search engines are taylored for those certain areas. The "beer state" has a pretty good representation as well.... :rockin:

We are getting a great representation on that board though, for sure!!!

BrewBrothaRick said:
Japan is pretty far. I'm halfway there compared to the rest of the brew community. Wait a minute, I thought there was some kind of 1% max alcohol homebrew law w/ since the Corporate beer companies bribe the gov to make it that way. Or something.

shhhhh! the beer police will hear you!

thanks for the bump - this thread started before i joined i guess for now
i am the only one in ontario:ban:

Looks like I won't be swapping beers with many people! See if you can find Tasmania on the map (go right, go right some more, bit more, then down a bit)

CatFish in Japan is the closest!!

Best get brewing...

dibby33 said:
you feel alone! Crikes - try and find me!!!

I got a buddy from Gulfport. I see your town on Cook Highway all the time when I drive down there. Good to know I got a reason to stop now.

Back