Is Morebeer.com a reputable site?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alright i can't tell by the description whether or not the primary fermenter has a spigot for easy transfer to bottling bucket. it doesn't say anything about coming with an auto siphon like some other kits i've seen for only $10 more. can anyone tell me if in fact it does?

All of your questions are probably best answered if you just contact them directly.

Sounds like a plan I will email them before purchasing. Also with this setup I wouldn't need a secondary fermenter right? I could just switch buckets right?

Sounds like a plan I will email them before purchasing. Also with this setup I wouldn't need a secondary fermenter right? I could just switch buckets right?

A lot of people no longer recommend secondaries except sometimes for dry hopping or bulk aging of bigger brews.

allright I emailed them and will find out what the deal is. If both don't come with a spigot I will probably go with northern brewers kti because it comes with a spigot

Hee hee. sorry but I had to laugh when I saw the subject line. They are quite reputable. Probably one of the biggest homebrew suppliers on the internet.

I didn't like how the fermenting bucket didn't come with a gasket. The buckets don't seal properly. That being said, the buckets have made great beer with no infections, and now that I can control the temps, no off flavors either.

can you add a gasket to help it seal properly? i am very tempted to get this because more beer responded to my email saying both buckets had spigots compared to every other site with only 1 bucket having a spigot

For me, I really don't need the spigot until bottling time (bottling bucket). If I used the spigot I always felt like the it was just one more thing that I had to worry about when it comes to bacteria getting into my wort. I ended up buying two more fermenting buckets with gaskets (perfect seal), and no spigot, for my primarys, and I rely on the auto syphon to transfer my brew. Now I use the morebeer primary for 6 gal. batches of Apfelwein, and I don't open the spigot during fermentation (one month).

From what I've read and my experience it seems that a perfect seal isn't necessary, but I like to see my air lock bubbling when my batch is fermenting
That's just me:mug:

Back