I want a label thread too!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjoshguy

Reaction score
So i'm not a great enough brewer to really warrant making labels, but I have a design background (sort of) so I figured why not?

here's a label I just completed for what is essentially Northern Brewer's Irish Red Ale:

IRALabel.jpg

what do you guys think? I'm really new to brewing, so if something in the description is wrong/dumb please don't flame me, it's jsut that I'm still learning :mug:

I am well open to critique

This is what I plan on brewing next. Trying to formulate a good recipe on my own for it. At least I know what I want it to taste like :)

CCSlabel.jpg

Very classy labels!! I just got burned in another thread for offering a critique, so I won't do that here. :)

Very classy tho! :)

if something in the description is wrong/dumb please don't flame me,

I have actually found people on here are much nicer than the average internet forum. Its a good change of pace. Maybe its all of the homebrew?:tank: I mean, how can you be angry when you're brewing?

But back on topic. Your labels look great. I like the "Please Drink Responsibly" on there too. Really looks professional.

I find the IBUs to be a very useful tidbit of info for a label. Moreso than the OG.

I agree with dontman

OG is not a concept most beer drinkers even know, let alone care about. for your own knowledge it's great but you have a brew log for that.

I vote for IBU on the label!

also, it's kinda getting to me the second part of the label where it says:

"This beer should be chilled for several days before drinking, and should be served cold (46-56) by opening and pouring into a glass....."

it makes it seem that the way to serve cold beer is to open and pour?

I don't know just something to think about!

very nice labels by the way

I could probably do a few labels. The quality of my work varies on how well my creative juices are flowing, but I can give it a shot. PM me with the details of your brew (name, ABV, style, etc) and any idea you have as to how you want the label to look and I'll see if I can toss something together.

Mountainbeers - you from the morgantown area originally, or just move here for college?

That is an excellent label. Wouldn't change a thing. Easily interchangeable with different styles, it maintains it's simplicity by saying what it is and not what it isn't.

Thanks! I've been planning out my brew rotation and as I'm just starting out I plan to do four brews a year, so each will have it's own label. Mocha Porter for winter, Raspberry Wheat for summer (SWMBO's choice), Irish Red for fall.

RWlabel.jpg

No idea what to drink in the spring yet, lol. I want to do a lager but I don't have an extra fridge to keep the temps down and the basement doesnt' stay cool enough. Any ideas for a good Spring ale? Nothing too bitter though, I'm still developing my tastes and working my way up

Your labels are topnotch, really impressive. I really like how your back ground emblem is the same and acts as your logo. I wasn't sure how i was going to incorporate my logo idea into the different labels, but yours are giving me some ideas.

Your labels are topnotch, really impressive. I really like how your back ground emblem is the same and acts as your logo. I wasn't sure how i was going to incorporate my logo idea into the different labels, but yours are giving me some ideas.

Thanks! If you're any good with Illustrator, I highly recommend looknig around for some free vectors that you can use. There are some free packs floating around that you can utilize to make some really great stuff in a wide range of styles.

I'm more of a photoshop person myself, so I found a few brush packs that had the elements I wanted. Tons of free stuff on the net :)

Back