North West Indiana bulk grain?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazzy

Reaction score
I live in NW indiana and wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy bulk grain for a decent price? Anything I have found close is to expensive. Anything online the shipping is crazy. Hoping that I am over looking a gem out there.

how far from kalamazoo are you? bells general store sells a 50-55# 2row/pilsener for $38 marris otter was $59 last time i bought grain(aug)

if'n your close i'm trying to set up a meet at either bells or darkhorse in marshall over the holidays

Not sure how far Kalamazoo is from the border,but i am about45 min from the border.

locally I can get 50# for $70 and over 2hrs is hard to justify. Looking for something around an hour to 90min at the most. Thanks for the info. If I ever find myself heading in that direction I will definitly stop and get 50#.

Depending on where you are located in NW Indiana, mid country malt probably isn't too far from you. Only downside is that they aren't open on weekends.

The Country Malt Group

Click on the homebrewers link on the upper right.

Depending on where you are located in NW Indiana, mid country malt probably isn't too far from you. Only downside is that they aren't open on weekends.

The Country Malt Group

Click on the homebrewers link on the upper right.

This is the best place to go. I've ordered from here before. Most expensive bag was approx $39. You'll need to call ahead and place your order the day before or morning of. Golden Promise & Marris Otter are about $38-$39 each, Pilsner malt is $36, I think domestic two-row is $34.

It's a small warehouse front in the middle of an industrial park. Super easy and great.

Finally got over to midcountry and picked up 55# of maris otter. I was a little disapointed that they don't sell hops. I had a pound of amarillo in my sights.

Guess I have to find them somewhere else.

Thanks for the suggestion, the place was very easy to get to and took about 55min to get to so not to bad.

Back