Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
Well, it's that time again! Looking at getting this ball rolling but I'm not placing this order until the third week in March. That should give us plenty of time to get the pallet filled and payments completed. I have a message sent to our pick up location master,so as soon as I hear back from him I can post the pick up location. I'm hoping we'll be able to pick up at the same location as last time which was in Reading. For those of you that were never part of the buy before, it's rather simple. Go on the link below and decide what grains you want. We are going to be using the tier #2 price sheet. Post what you want in this thread. When we fill the pallet (42 sacks) I will contact everyone to confirm their order. What is listed on this page at order time is what you will be getting, so make sure it is correct. I will get your totals together and PM you with your amount. Payment can be made to me via Paypal, money order, or personal check. If you pay with a personal check, the money has to clear my bank before the order is placed. PayPal is the preferred payment method due to the speed of the transaction. Any questions either PM me or post in this thread.
Tom

price sheet: 2011 NCM Price Sheet

Above is the link to the price sheets. We will be using Tier 2 pices (2,000-4,000#)

Pick-up Location:
Sherwinn Williams
3280 N. 5th Street Hwy.
Reading, Pa 19605

Pick-up date:
TBA

Current Order: 42

Partial sacks still available: NONE

TomRep- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-PILS x1, GW-C40 x1/4, GW-C60 x1/4, CM-RYEM x1/4

bentpirate- CM-PALE x1, CM-2ROW x2, CM WHEAT x1, CM-MUNCH x1, BZ-VIEN x1, CM-RYEM x3/4, GW-C40 x1/2, GW-C60 x1/2

CoalCracker- CM-2ROW- x3

jwible204- CM-2ROW x2, BZ-Vien x1, BZ-PILSx1, GW-C40 x1/4

servadia- CM-2ROW x2, CM-MUNH x1, GW-C60 x1/4

Bert1097- CM-PALE x3, TF-MOPA x1

M1Owen- CM-2ROW x1

snow145532- CM-2ROW x1

snowviel- CM-2ROW x1, TF-MOPA x1

Dukeman9988- CM-PALE x1

lustreking- TF-MOPA x1

psutimmah- CM-2ROW x2, BD-MOPA x2

sdillow- CM-2ROW x1

oldfart- CM-SPIL x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-WHET x1, BZ-CRPL x1

--------BELOW IS EVERYTHING FOR A SECOND PALLET IF IT HAPPENS--------

Number of Sacks: 43

Number of Partial sacks available- GW-C60 x3/5

TomRep-BZ-PILS x1/2, BZ-DMUN x3/5, CM-2ROW x2, BZ-WHT x1/2

M1Owen- BD-MOPA x1/2, CM-WHET x3/4

tieflyer- BD-MOPA x1/2

Servadia- BZ-CRPL x1/2

jwible- BZ-CRPL x1/2

Driver- CM-PALE x1, CM-MUNH x1, GW-C60 x1/5, BZ-DMUN x1/5, BD-MOPA x1

idratherbeinmexico- CM-WHET x1, BZ-PILS x1

mjwitz- CM-WHET x1, CM-2ROW x1, BZ-PILS x1

kkocher13- BZ-PILS x1

kds1398- TF-MOPA x1, CM-2ROW x2, BZ-PILS x1/2, BZ-WHT x1/2, BZ-DMUN x1/5, GW-C60 x1/5

Bert1097- CM-2ROW x1, GW-C60 x1/5, BZ-DMUN x2/5

sdillow- GW-C60 x1/5

Snow145532- GW-C60 x1/5

lustreking- GW-C60x1/5

smarek82- CM-PALE x1, CM-WHET x1/4

KoedBrew- CM-PALE x1, GW-C60 x1/5

Funkster- BZ-VIEN x1, CM-2ROW x1, CM-WHET x1

Risser09- 15 sacks (details later)

I'm hoping to get a bunch of different specialty grains this buy. If no one else wants in on them and I can't fill the full sack order, they will be removed. Most of the items marked 1/5 or 1/10 sack are 50# sacks, or 5-10#.
Tom

Here we go:
1 - CM PALE
2 - CM 2ROW
1 - CM WHEAT
1 - CM MUNCH
1 - BZ VIEN
3/4 - CM RYEM
1/2 - CW C40
1/2 - CW C60

Same holds true as last group buy; I live in Lancaster. If anyone needs anything please feel free to PM me. Tom, thanks again for putting this buy together - I extend myself if you need anything just let me know.....

I'd kinda like to keep it just malt. I've never messed with an order that had other stuff mixed in. I know someone else PMed me about the same issue. Possibly after this order goes through, I will find out how everything works if you order more then just malt. Obviously if we can't fill the pallet with malt for some reason, I will see if we can throw some other stuff in.
Tom

I am going to sit this one out, however I wanted to post in here so I stay "on the list" for future buys.

I've never done this before and have a question. Per pound CM 2 row is 0.42 $?
So for 55 lbs it's 23.10? Or am I not understanding this right?

Put me down for: CM-2ROW x1

Also if anyone is interested in splitting a Crystal 60L (GW-C60) i'd be in for 1/10 or 1/5

Thanks

It is confirmed that the pick up location is at the same place as last time. The address is listed on the first page. pick up date is still to be announced.
Tom

Bert1097- To confirm, you want three sacks of 2 row or pale malt? You had pale in your first post then added a sack to make it 3 sacks of 2 row. I'll put you down for 3 sacks of pale right now. Let me know if you want it changed.
Tom

Hey Tom,

I'm in for the following :

1 CM-SPIL

1 CM-2ROW

1 CM-WHET

1 BZ-CRPL

:rockin: Thumbs up as usual for putting this together:rockin:

Oldfart...over and out:mug:

So I was thinking abhout this lastnight and realized that we're in the new year and I never got a new price sheet. looking at the Syracuse buy, they have the new sheet. looks like the grains went up a couple pennies per pound. I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get a chance I will link the new price sheet. If anyone want to look at the prices now, check out the Syracuse buy. If anyone has to make any changes, post it up here.
Tom

Okay guys, the pallet is full. However, who thinks we can fill a second? I have someone who came in at the end and asked for some grains. I also had poeple ask me about other items besides grains in the order. I'm going to email NCM and see how things work if you order items besides grains and see what they say. As it stands right now, those of you that have a partial sack that is not filled, you will not gat that partial sack. I'm not going to change anything on the list right now. i'm waiting on a couple PM's and I want to see what the majority vote is with this, as well as the reply from NCM. even though the pallet filled so quick, I still won't be able to place the order for a bit due to personal things going on, so we have time. Post up your opinions please!
Tom

Tom, if we add the 2nd pallet, which seems likely at this point, Servadia and I will split 1X BZ-CRPL. If we get in a situation where we need to fill the 2nd pallet I'll throw something else on there too.

Okay, it looks like we'kll probably be doing a second then. i am still waiting to hear from NCM. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you all know.
Tom

Not sure on that. If we fill the second one with all grains we'd be over 4000#, but the price breaks listed in their paperwork is 2000-4000# andthen jumps to 8000#.
Tom

Latest posts

Back