CO2 Refilling Station near Salisbury / Ocean City, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooliganism

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone in the local area could help me out.

I just got a dual keg system and my beer is a few days away from being ready to be kegged. Now I'm looking to refill my new CO2 tank, but not swap it out.

I've called at least 25 places so far, from sporting goods store to welding shops, to no avail (I did find one place that swaps out, but it would have cost $36.99).

Any help out there???

Hi

Look up AirGas, they likely are in your area. Another alternative is to ask the local bars they *know* where CO2 comes from cheap.

Bob

Before I say that's ridiculously high price, what size tank do you have? If it's a 50 lb tank that might be a good price. Please give us a bit more info.

It's a 5 lb tank for my duel-corny keg system, I had no idea it would be this frustrating to fill up a CO2 tank.

Hi

You should be able to get a 10 lb tank swapped out for $20 or less. You may be running into the fact that it's a 5 lb tank (unusual) and you want it filled not swapped (a pain / trip both ways).

Bob

I am about to start kegging myself and didn't even think about it being tough to find a refill store.. Did you try Roberts Oxygen Company? They have a co2 refill section on the website.

I get my 2 tanks swapped at airgas they always swap then with aluminum tanks and they will do the same with 20 pound tanks. For emergency I usually take a couple of 6packs and a dozen doughnuts tho the local machine shop and leave with a #20, but pay attention because most use 75% Argon, 25% CO2 and they have co2 on the service trucks so if they are doing an outside job they can crank the cheap co2 up

Latest posts

Back