Sodas that blew your mind

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadgolem

Reaction score
I had a bottle of "So Duh! Rockin' Root Beer" today. I like root beer. I've tried lots of kinds, both glass bottle and plastic bottle mass produced stuff. This one totally blew my mind. No root beer I've ever tasted is even close. It's got an excellent creamy head with excellent retention. The aroma and after taste are fantastic, probably from the alfalfa honey in it.

It's made by Hermitage Brewing Company.

So, have you ever had a mind blowing soda? If so, what was it?

For what it is I really enjoy Henry Weinhardts root beer, vanilla cream, and orange cream sodas. I wouldn't say they blow my mind but if i'm looking for something to sip thats tasty ---- usually spend a bit on those ones.

For what it is I really enjoy Henry Weinhardts root beer, vanilla cream, and orange cream sodas. I wouldn't say they blow my mind but if i'm looking for something to sip thats tasty ---- usually spend a bit on those ones.
I will definitely check them out. I appreciate a well made soda. Thanks.

If you ever stumble across White Rock brands their Root Beer, Cream Soda and Pineapple sodas were awesome. We used to travel a few times a year to a fishing community on the Little Red River in Heber Springs, Arkansas and a Mom n Pop store carried them. We bought it by the cases coming/going. Great soda.

Some more soda's to look out for. :) I can probably get the Big-K this weekend. I'll scrounge a bit and see what I come up with for the others.

Sprecher, a local microbrewery, is more famous for their root beer than anything else they produce. In fact they make more root beer than all their other products combined.

But the first time I tried their cream soda was a life changing experience. I have never had another cream soda come close in my opinion, and its still my favorite soda

Ditto on the sprecher. My wife hates cream sodas but loves that one. I hate root beer but am ok with theirs. Their grape soda though is by far my favorite.

Back