Bittering after fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
Long story short, the last beer I brewed ended up with gravity potentially outshining the IBUS (1.075/69 IBUS), and I am wondering....can/should I do anything about it? Could I add some hop extract (hop shot) after fermentation? Or should I try and get the beer to dry out a bit, pushing the FG as low as I can?

The projected OG was to be around 1.062. I don't even want to get into what happened other than saying I'll not be brewing after dark again! :D

That's exactly what hop shot is designed to do. I would delay doing anything until the beer has conditioned for two months, the ABV/IBU ratio isn't too bad.

Awesome. I figured, but the descrip on NB's site didn't really indicate this....but do I need to boil it first, or can I just shoot it on in? Thanks.

It's not too out of whack, no...but in case it's too sweet, I'd like to at least try and correct it a bit. Who knows, it may turn out great on its own. :)

Back