Lots of Fermenting going on...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mose

Reaction score
This was a big weekend for fermentables around my place. 5gal of Smithwicks, 5gal of Apfelwein (first), and 6gal of wine. And introduced a couple guys to brewing along the way.

Made great bread out of the spent grains, and pizza dough and we grilled pizzas. All and all a great 4th, now if I can only wait long enough for the Apfelwein to age appropriately.

Productive weekend! :mug:

I had a buddy up to show him the brewing process for the first time....he wanted a pumpkin stout so I told him he had to help. I figured that just because I had him over we'd make a ton of mistakes but we hit temps spot on so it was all good.

We also tried marinating some burgers in some of my IPA, a little bit of the stout wort, some serrano chiles and some chipotle seasoning.....they turned out GREAT! :rockin:

I like the marinating burgers idea. I smoked some burgers a week or two ago and they were fantastic.

If I luck out we might be able to put up another 5gal of ESB tonight.

The spent grain bread is awesome. And the Pizza dough was equally fantastic.

I love this stuff

Back