Is this enough for AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBrewer

Reaction score
So I'm wanting to move to AG. On my list of things to buy are a 20 gallon brew pot, immersion chiller, a 10 gallon mash tun, and a turkey fryer. I already have a 4 gallon brew pot and all the other brewing equipment. Do I really need a HLT or can I just use my brew kettle?

So I'm wanting to move to AG. On my list of things to buy are a 20 gallon brew pot, immersion chiller, a 10 gallon mash tun, and a turkey fryer. I already have a 4 gallon brew pot and all the other brewing equipment. Do I really need a HLT or can I just use my brew kettle?

I just use my brew kettle and transfer my first runnings to a bucket while I am heating my sparge water. Works great.

I get by with a 4 gallon kettle for sparge water, plus a tea kettle that holds about a gallon. That way I can drain into my 15 gallon brew kettle as opposed to pabloj above. If you are going to do batches larger than 5 gallons, you may need to go bigger.

You could also look into BIAB. No need for MLT if you go that route. I've never done it but a lot of people on here use that technique and get good results.

Back