Winter Solstice brew recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogensha

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What recipes do people like for winter solstice festivities? I've just started a basic mead (my first). Maybe a little late, but I'm hoping it will be enjoyable nonetheless. I've seen a bunch of pumpkin ale threads lately too, so I'm considering it.

What else do folks like?

A nice dry stout:

• O.G.: 1.052 • T.G.: 1.013 • ABV: 5.1 % • 29 IBUs (Tinseth)

• Ingredients (grain):
1. 7.0 lbs British Pale Malt
2. 0.75 lbs Roasted Barley
3. 0.25 lbs Chocolate Malt
4. 2.0 lbs Flaked Barley

• Ingredients (hops):
1. 1.0 oz Fuggles (4.7 % AA; 60 min)
2. 0.5 oz Fuggles (4.7% AA; 30 min)
3. 0.5 oz Fuggles (4.7% AA; 15 min)

Mash at 152 F and Ferment at 66 F with Fermentis S-04

Ive got a Pumpkin Ale, a Stout and a Chocolate stout conditioning, and Im thinking about making AHS's Holiday Ale, as well as dip my toes into some mead (for late winter).

I brewed a Honey Holiday Ale this past weekend and I plan on brewing some sort of spiced winter ale soon.

I am planning on brewing a holiday chocolate stout from AHS to be ready for the month of December.

I just bottled that last night. 10 days in the primary and I left it in the secondary for 3 weeks. My last taste of the sample was very smooth and wonderful. I'm excited. I just have to keep my hands off it till the holidays.

I brewed a Belgian Tripel at sunrise on the Summer Solstice and bottled two cases to be opened on the Winter Solstice. On the Winter Solstice I plan on brewing a Belgian Dubbel for the Summer Solstice.
My thinking was I wanted the Tripel (light color) for when the days start getting longer and the Dubbel (dark color) for when the days start getting shorter.
That and I like the Belgian ales.

Here are my recipies.
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/7eeba578/wildwood-brewery-belgian-dubbel

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/recipe/750077b4/wildwood-brewery-light-o-morn-tripel

I just bottled that last night. 10 days in the primary and I left it in the secondary for 3 weeks. My last taste of the sample was very smooth and wonderful. I'm excited. I just have to keep my hands off it till the holidays.

I am planning on brewing it the first week of October, fermenting it for 3 weeks, and aging it until December. I am glad to hear it turned out great.

I brewed a RIS on the Summer Solstice that should be ready to start tasting by the Winter Solstice. Haven't figured out what I'll brew for the winter yet.

Back