Cowboys out of the playoffs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love watching all the cowboy fans cry about not making the playoffs. We can only hope this happens again next year, and every year after that.

Yeah, seeing them implode like that almost makes up for the Skins' own implosion in the second half of the season. Almost. Wow, I mean, this is the eagles team that the sorry Skins beat last week...then they stomp "America's (Bullsh*t) Team"? Niiiice.

Cowboys were my preseason pick to win the SB. Even in the waning weeks of the season, I thought they would get healthy and get it together and get the playoffs and at least compete for the championship game.

They have to be the biggest underachiever of the year. It is certainly not a lack of talent.

I hate the Cowboys - glad they're gone. Signing scumbags like Pacman, Tank Johnson and Owens makes me dislike them even more.

Yeah, seeing them implode like that almost makes up for the Skins' own implosion in the second half of the season. Almost. Wow, I mean, this is the eagles team that the sorry Skins beat last week...then they stomp "America's (Bullsh*t) Team"? Niiiice.

"Feel the hate young skywalker!!" No matter how much venom you have for the Boys, your team still sucks! Your team lost to the f***ing 40 winers!! See you next year. :mug:

Eastside

That is saying a lot. Every Detroit fan thanks you.
Not me though, I'm an E-A-G-L-E-S fan.

Uh, Yeah, I was thinking about the Lions as I read through this post... Wow.

Just found out today that the Lions promoted the upper management from within. I guess we can look forward to more losing for at least 2-3 more years... :ban::ban:

Everyone knew the Lions were going to suck. They didnt underachieve, they just had a bad team. With the talent and experience the Cowboys had, they should have certainly had a better record. There is a difference between underachieving and plain ole sucking.

I was born and raised a Cowboys fan (blame my parents) and there's been many years that I've regretted it.

I was one of few this year that thought all those ESPN and "expert" opinions about how the Cowboys were destined for the super bowl were, let's say, farfetched. Very farfetched.

Was I surprised when they blew it at the end and lost to Pittsburgh, yes. Was I surprised how futile they looked against Baltimore and the Eagles, yes. Was I surprised how soon they signed "early shiner Romo" to such a large contract? Yes. But I'm not the least bit surprised they are done for the year. I actually expected it. I wasn't impressed with the Wade Phillips hiring, and won't expect much from them as long as he's the leader.

What is great (and also not surprising) is that even on years when they underachieve, a Cowboys fan gets to laugh at all the fans of other teams that can't enjoy rooting for their own team due to hating the Cowboys so much. I guess success and a bunch of Super Bowl trophies does that to a person :mug:

I was born and raised a Cowboys fan (blame my parents) and there's been many years that I've regretted it.

I was one of few this year that thought all those ESPN and "expert" opinions about how the Cowboys were destined for the super bowl were, let's say, farfetched. Very farfetched.

Was I surprised when they blew it at the end and lost to Pittsburgh, yes. Was I surprised how futile they looked against Baltimore and the Eagles, yes. Was I surprised how soon they signed "early shiner Romo" to such a large contract? Yes. But I'm not the least bit surprised they are done for the year. I actually expected it. I wasn't impressed with the Wade Phillips hiring, and won't expect much from them as long as he's the leader.

What is great (and also not surprising) is that even on years when they underachieve, a Cowboys fan gets to laugh at all the fans of other teams that can't enjoy rooting for their own team due to hating the Cowboys so much. I guess success and a bunch of Super Bowl trophies does that to a person :mug:

Oh, blah blah blah, they won a few super bowls over a decade ago. They've sucked nuts ever since. I wouldn't call that "success". The same the same could be said for the Skins, but at least I'm not bragging about their "success" since the 90's ;) I'll always hate the Cowboys, but it's a feel-good kind of hate. And I'm sorry, but, I defy anyone (other than Jessica Simpson) to look at those *****ey glam pictures of Romo sporting a white golfer hat and that dicksuckin' grin (that they kept flashing before and after every commercial break when they played the skins in primetime), and not hate on his dumb ass. Go ahead, try.

He said "dicksuckin' grin" hahahaha!!! I love my skins but I never bring up over a decade ago of competence to prove my loyalty. That shows a lack of confidence. I am realistic about my team as most skins fans are. We all know our owner sucks. Have known for a decade or so. Based on that our success is more likely in the near future than your ********* team's fans are because they still enamored with their owner. I is druck so I might be able to better explain my point later but if you are an honest person you should be able to catch on.

:tank:

When talking of the Lions' success, I always bring up our three championships in the fifties. :D

And I'm old enough to have witnessed the Packers win it all in 61, 62, 65, 66, and 67. Unfortunately that glow never seems to help after a non championship season. Which would be all but one since Super Bowl II.

For me its hard to hate on Romo when he grew up just west of me and has been in the local paper since his high school days. But I still think the rest of the Cowboys suck.

Back