Portable Keg Faucet for dispensing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a keg of root beer ready for my daughter's open house and am considering using one of those adapters that fit right on a faucet to serve it.

My concern is that it will cause a sht load of foaming! Does anyone have any experience with one of these things, or would I be better off to use a picnic tap and a long length of hose, or even rig up a regular faucet and lots of hose to serve?

Haven't tried an adapter, as none of them seem to have flow restrictions built in. I use a party tap and 20' of 3/16ths for soda.

Haven't tried an adapter, as none of them seem to have flow restrictions built in. I use a party tap and 20' of 3/16ths for soda.

You could use one of the new Perls with the flow control... or use the micromatic inline flow control. I was toying with getting the same thing at some point. Let me know if you want URLs and I can show you what I'm talking about.

I'd get a quick connect adapter and faucet if they performed well. I have a feeling there will be a lot of foam due to the pressure issue.

I could just buy some beer line and a cheap faucet and dedicate it to portable serving. My idea was to build a trash can type kegerator with a kitchen trash can and some ice. I'd coil the beer line up around the keg down in the ice water and attach the end of it to a faucet mounted on a board sticking up above the trash can.

A QD style faucet would eliminate having to mount the faucet on a board of some type. It's really not that big a deal. It would also store more conveniently, which is more important. It would also be easier to carry around and quicker to set up and put away...

You could use one of the new Perls with the flow control... or use the micromatic inline flow control. I was toying with getting the same thing at some point. Let me know if you want URLs and I can show you what I'm talking about.

Ok, dammit...

Thanks for making me buy more stuff!

Those faucets seem to be a pretty sweet device. I currently have a lager on tap that likes to foam with 10' of hose. I need to insert some paint mixers to slow it down, but with this I could dial in a perfect pour easily.

I'll be thinking about getting one of these all day now.

Ok, dammit...

Thanks for making me buy more stuff!

Those faucets seem to be a pretty sweet device. I currently have a lager on tap that likes to foam with 10' of hose. I need to insert some paint mixers to slow it down, but with this I could dial in a perfect pour easily.

I'll be thinking about getting one of these all day now.

No problem. :) ... The only downside with the Perl is that it isn't all stainless... the micromatic inline one is. I have one on my seltzer tap, but was thinking about doing the faucet adapter, micromatic flow control and a stainless perl for portable keg dispensing.

All of this seems very interesting, but I'm kinda left in the dust on this one.

Could someone find a few links referring to what everyone is bringing up? Even pics would help.

Thanks!

perlick-flow-control-faucet.jpg

Perlick

FCA-A_d1_Text_MG_8447_H_600.jpg

Micromatic adapter

Back