Recipes from frozen concentrates?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragnorg

Reaction score
I'm something of a newbie and just started my first wine kit. At the same time I've started a small batch as a control using Welch's frozen concentrate to see just how much the cost of a kit is justified.

Given that there were quite a few varieties of 100% frozen juice concentrates available I was wondering what people have had success with. I would be particularly interesting in directly fermenting a fruit punch instead of just adding rum.
I'll be trying frozen pineapple juice in a melomel first.

Is this something people have had success with? Are results with frozen concentrates pretty poor? Any blends that made for a particularly good end result?

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

I would suggest you use only 100% juice products, as the "flavored" kind don't usually hold up very well during fermentation. Welch's white grape makes great wine/cider and it doesn't taste like grape jelly. White grape peach make tasty stuff too.

Latest posts

Back