brewing around placer county Ca.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmBoy530

Reaction score
Anyone brewing in the placer county area? We don't have a brew club here that I can find and I know there are brewers out there. Otherwise there wouldn't be 3 home brew stores within 40 min of my house....just looking for folks to brew with, at the very least!

Just seeing your post. I am brewing in Lincoln. When I was in Brewmeister Roseville last Friday there was a club meeting. Don't remember the name, Placer County Brewers something-er-other. I am sure if you call the shop they could fill you in. I think it must be fairly new. I looked around for a club last year. Found the one that meets at Sudwerks, and Gold County, but nothing in our area. What are you currently brewing?

There's a new club that has been meeting at the Brewmeister in Roseville. Placer Ultimate Brewing Society. (PUBS) Meetings are on third Thursdays at 6:30. We are on Facebook under Placer Brewers. There is also a Google Group you can join. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the contact info so you can be added to the group. Hope you can join us. Cheers!

Sounds good. I'll try and hit the next meeting. Just joined the google group. Glad to see a club starting in our area. See you soon.

Best, jason

I brew from the 209 of San Joaquin, and the closest brew club I know of is Livermore.

Right now I have a Cascadian dark ale priming, a pale in secondary, and a porter set for next brew day, thanks for asking

Cascadian Dark...interesting. I currently have a Heff on tap. In the fermentation tank I've got a Chocolate Stout, a Pumpkin Ale, and an experimental Wit. Next brew day for me is an Oktoberfest/Marzen. How often are you brewing?

Depends, every couple weeks to months... Just as I can. Cascadian dark is another one of many names for black ipa. Just tried one and it's really nice. A bit creamy upfront and a nice follow up from nugget cascade and chinook! The cream is from pale chocolate and a touch of roast on the nose and on the finish from caraff ll. It needs another week or two before it has a little age, but it's really nice!

Back