Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myownbrew

Reaction score
Where is a good place to find a wort chiller? I had to wait for and internity to get the wort to cool tonight? I tried ebay but I am unsure of a good brand to purchase. All comments welcome!

AJ

Immersion Chiller Is Easy To Make. Get 25 To 50ft Of 3/8 Copper Tubing In The Roll From Home Depot,canadian Tire, Etc.
I Wrapped Mine Around My Stock Pot To Get The Coils In Line.
Make Sure You Get The Two Ends Of The Tubing Up Above The Coil By At Least A Foot Or So So They Will Be Above The Hot Wort When You Use It.
Attach 1/2" Clear Vinyl Hose With Clamps To The Ends Of The Copper And Buy A Fawcett Fitting For One End.
Clean Very Well Before Using - I Boiled Mine With Pickling Vinegar To Clean The Copper

rod said:
Immersion Chiller Is Easy To Make. Get 25 To 50ft Of 3/8 Copper Tubing In The Roll From Home Depot,canadian Tire, Etc.
I Wrapped Mine Around My Stock Pot To Get The Coils In Line.
Make Sure You Get The Two Ends Of The Tubing Up Above The Coil By At Least A Foot Or So So They Will Be Above The Hot Wort When You Use It.
Attach 1/2" Clear Vinyl Hose With Clamps To The Ends Of The Copper And Buy A Fawcett Fitting For One End.
Clean Very Well Before Using - I Boiled Mine With Pickling Vinegar To Clean The Copper

Thanks for the tips!

Directions in this month "Brew your own" magazine too. You might want to do a search. Someone here in the forum made it and posted pictures I believe.

The plans for a counterflow wort chiller are in the Jan/Feb 06 BYO magazine . . .unfortunatly it's one of the articls that aren't in the on-line version. Try a Barnes and Noble book store or your local HBS for a copy. If ya cant find a copy let me know by PM nd I'll xerox the article and snail mail it to ya

myownbrew said:
Where is a good place to find a wort chiller? I had to wait for and internity to get the wort to cool tonight? I tried ebay but I am unsure of a good brand to purchase. All comments welcome!

AJ

Make one dude...It's a blast! :cool:

Does not cost too much, looks cool, and is very satisfying to have created a piece of your own homebrewing equipment. Plus it works a treat (I'm told...haven't used it yet...too much "real" DIY to do :mad: )

BlightyBrewer said:
Make one dude...It's a blast! :cool:

Does not cost too much, looks cool, and is very satisfying to have created a piece of your own homebrewing equipment. Plus it works a treat (I'm told...haven't used it yet...too much "real" DIY to do :mad: )

I will have to make on for the next batch brew

AJ

Back