detox for drug test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dowhatitdo

Reaction score
Anyone know if Kombucha works like one of those drinks from gnc, as a detox for passing a drug test?

i wouldn't buy into it. It all depends on what you are trying to "detox" and its metabolism. Basically how its excreted (i.e urine) and in what form (i.e drugs for example prescription drugs are usually excreted via the kidneys in some metabolite form). The excretion is key.

So, I would say NAH.
--PharmD

In my line of work,the drug tests are lame.
If you take your old lady's pain pills and you don't have a script for them you automatically get a week off(if caught) have to go thru treatment and get retested all on your dime

I was more worried about weed.

Well.....unless you have a scrip for your ganja, then I say stop being such a f'ing pusseeee and start hitting the hard stuff like the rest of us real men. if you're gonna get busted....and least go down like you give a damn. ;);););)

Best way to pass a drug test:

Do not take drugs!

... says the homebrewer who makes a drug at home ;)

I super-doubt kombucha is a detox. Your best (but probably least comfortable) solution is do a google search for "niacin flush." Your skin may turn red a be a little itchy for a couple days but you'll be clean. You can double-team it and do niacin and drink cranberry or pomegranante juice (cran is best) or if you don't fee like doing the niacin flush you can just drink a metric ass-ton of cran juice for a week or so.

It especially helps if you're not a fat guy, seeing as THC is stored in your fat when it's not attached to a cannabinoid receptor.

... says the homebrewer who makes a drug at home ;)

I super-doubt kombucha is a detox. Your best (but probably least comfortable) solution is do a google search for "niacin flush." Your skin may turn red a be a little itchy for a couple days but you'll be clean. You can double-team it and do niacin and drink cranberry or pomegranante juice (cran is best) or if you don't fee like doing the niacin flush you can just drink a metric ass-ton of cran juice for a week or so.

It especially helps if you're not a fat guy, seeing as THC is stored in your fat when it's not attached to a cannabinoid receptor.

C'mon Revy.....since when is alcohol a "drug"

C'mon Revy.....since when is alcohol a "drug"

Reno, not Revvy ;)

And:

drug [n]: A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body

Ethanol most certainly does that. The phrase "drugs and alcohol" was started as a deterrent to those who ask why there is still a prohibition on marijuana when ethanol is proven to be a far more dangerous drug.

Sorry Reno....I saw the "Re" and the "Vy" in your SN and just jumped to conclusions. And thanks for the history lesson, although I will stand by my original opinion that despite how alcohol can literally be defined as a drug...society does not really classify alcohol as a drug, since the term drug is usually referring to a controlled substance or something that your doc has to prescribe for you. Tomato FIGHT!!!! No seriously though, I agree with you.

Anybody who wants to work for me has to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening as required by our insurance company. I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who pester me for a job for weeks or months(I tell them straight up about the drug test) and still fail. Everybody has their own way around it and our screeners catch them 90% of the time. Now we make applicants pay for it themselves and we reimburse them on their first check if they pass.
The irony here is that weed stays in the system for weeks, but if a meth head or coke fiend can stay off of it for a couple of days before the test they'll pass. To get around that I'll call the applicant and they have 1 hour to get here and get the paperwork to take to the screener, then they have 20 minutes to sign in over there and get tested.
Personally I don't care if someone smokes a little weed after work, that person won't be hungover at work the next day. But we work on drilling rigs and it's a very dangerous environment so we like our people clean and focused on their work.

The best thing to do is just quit for a while. Go to Normyl's website and they will give you a quick run down of why all that stuff we were told when we were young was all BS about passing a DT. All any of it does is water down your urine enought to keep the metabolites below the fail threshold while adding creatine and vitamin b complex to avoid coming back "diluted". I just permantely quit as I couldn't justify putting my job at risk now that I have a family. Good luck! :mug:

I'd also recommend buying an at home test to check yourself.

Sorry Reno....I saw the "Re" and the "Vy" in your SN and just jumped to conclusions. And thanks for the history lesson, although I will stand by my original opinion that despite how alcohol can literally be defined as a drug...society does not really classify alcohol as a drug, since the term drug is usually referring to a controlled substance or something that your doc has to prescribe for you. Tomato FIGHT!!!! No seriously though, I agree with you.

HA no I wasn't trying to get all upity.

And I'm going to go ahead and get pedantic again (sorry :D) but ganja in its natural bud form isn't a control substance. Controlled substances are those that are processed by humans to change them chemically. Bud isn't, but hash or kief is.

/pedantry

Anybody who wants to work for me has to pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening as required by our insurance company. I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who pester me for a job for weeks or months(I tell them straight up about the drug test) and still fail. Everybody has their own way around it and our screeners catch them 90% of the time. Now we make applicants pay for it themselves and we reimburse them on their first check if they pass.
The irony here is that weed stays in the system for weeks, but if a meth head or coke fiend can stay off of it for a couple of days before the test they'll pass. To get around that I'll call the applicant and they have 1 hour to get here and get the paperwork to take to the screener, then they have 20 minutes to sign in over there and get tested.
Personally I don't care if someone smokes a little weed after work, that person won't be hungover at work the next day. But we work on drilling rigs and it's a very dangerous environment so we like our people clean and focused on their work.

Overall, very reasonable approach as an employer, especially the bolded statement.

My last two employers didn't screen and didn't care (one of them smoked as well) and before that when I worked for the University of Nevada as an undergrad, my boss told me about when we would take a physical a couple weeks ahead of time so I could stop. I worked for the Environmental Health and Safety department and constantly worked with all kinds of hazardous materials so physicals were a semi-annual thing.

Controlled substances are those that are processed by humans to change them chemically. Bud isn't, but hash or kief is.

Controlled substances are any drug or chemical regulated by the government.

Hash and kief are purified forms of ganja, not chemically altered.

Controlled substances are any drug or chemical regulated by the government.
Hmm... I guess on a federal level. It's not in California or Nevada.

Hash and kief are purified forms of ganja, not chemically altered.
I know, they just get lumped into the same category as controlled substances in Cal-Neva. I've been pulled over and caught driving with an eighth in California and the only thing that happened to me was I had to pay Nevada County $147. If it were hash or kief I'd be looking at a mark on my license and possible jail time.

Back in the day out of college, I found out a week before I needed to take a drug test. Bought one of those "48 hour" kits. Comes with home tests, and basically lots of pills. But it all comes down to drinking a ton of crap non-stop for the 2 days to flush your system. Doesn't really flush your system, but flushes it enough so that the next time you pee its clean.

But if you are looking for a job, you're dumb if you don't quit. You never know what a potentially employer may want, or how fast they want to move. Once you have a job, go nuts. Start looking for work, be smart. I used to partake in the gange back in the day - but its too risky now. If it was legal, or if I live in Cali, or if I was still in college, may be another story. Not worth my losing a job now.

But to the OP - I've had success getting the next day order of a 2 day kit. Try that, lots of cranberry juice - and I believe my father recommends lots of Tums...he has some home recipe for this that I'll have to look up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back