First woodworking project, Mash Paddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indytruks138

Reaction score
So my brew partner and I decided to try our hand at the jigsaw and make our own mash paddle. It's far from perfect, in fact part of the S fell out and we haven't decided how to reattach it, but it sanded up nicely, worked well, and looks ok. For a first attempt at using the jigsaw and woodworking I think its not half bad.

mash paddle.jpg

Good job! Whats the scoop behind the I is I?

Buddy that is my brew partner and I have been friends for quite a while. A few years back all kinds of similarities kept popping up and eventually when it happened we just started saying "I is I" and then when we decided to brew we felt like naming our little operation, and I is I was the obvious choice.

I did something similiar like this...I will say having the big open spaces didn't do a great job of mashing breaking up grain balls..so I made another with circles.

I will share the recipe once I taste it on Sunday. I don't have any inside information from DEBC about the recipe so it was guessing, and it was my first attempt at cloning a recipe. I know what grains and hops they use, and had to guess at hop schedule and amounts of everything. If it tastes similar I'll post it, otherwise I'll tweak it and see if I can get closer.

Did you ever get close to the recipe?
BTW, had some excellent hickory flooring lying around here, so I had to take your lead and make a paddle of my own for Clarksville Brewing Co. Cheers.

IMG_1501.jpg

Back