Leaving for the last time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernerbrau

Reaction score
I start my new job on Monday which makes today my last day here. Just cleaned up the mess inside and on top of my desk, got everything stacked up and ready to pack into the car, and cleaned out my stuff from the fridge. Next, it's power down my computer, pull out the hard drive, and go home. For the last time. Strange how it took very little time.

It's weird, I've never felt this way about leaving a place before. I mean I've been here 2 years, and it's a very small company (3 employees) so it's like family. But my coworker left today with just a "see ya", like every other day, as if I were coming back on Monday, and my boss is similarly aloof.

So now, before I pack up everything for good and take off, I'm just sitting here, reflecting on the inexplicable pangs of sadness and longing, and I realize this was a good place to work and I'll really miss it. It'll be a long time before I find something like this again.

Sorry to hear about that. Change ain't easy. Maybe it's time for that Emperor's Bane Imp IPA from your sig. :mug:

Hmm. I have one IIPA left in the pipeline, and haven't touched it out of reverence. This might be the day to kill it :D

Back