shipping yeast??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmee

Reaction score
I recently ordered some stuff and it is going to take about 6 days to get here. I opted for the icepacks and I got the whitelabs liquid yeast. I doubt the icepacks will still be frozen when they get here , just wondering if the containers are insulated or am I going to get nice hot yeast?

I recently ordered white labs yeast from morebeer and had the same concerns. I didn't have any icepacks however. I just made sure to get them in the fridge as soon as they arrived. I've used 2 of 3 and have had zero problems. Same results I had with yeast form local HBS.

well I looked at the ups site and the thing says that there is a hurricane and the shippment is delayed.....bah mother nature! I call Austin Home Brew from whom I bought it from and he said if the yeast was dead he would give me a credit/replace, so I must give props to JB at AHB for that. ....this is worse than being 8 yrs old and waiting for Christmas to get here!

Believe it or not there are a couple of shops I can get better selection and price (including shipping) then my LHBS. But I never have yeast shipped. I would much rather pay a little more and be sure of freshness. Besides if I pick it out in person I can dig to the back of the cooler and get the freshest dated yeast they have.

Back