No boil extract question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13829

Reaction score
i got the john bull, irish stout no boil extract kit. My first brew i followed the instructions, but this time i want to experiment a little.

I want to add finishing hops UK Kent Goldings. The recipe basically says just to add boiling water to the extract and mix.

When would i add the Aroma hops to the wort, if it is a no boil extract?

My goal is to make an Irish Raspberry Stout, I will be adding the raspberry flavoring when i bottle as well.

thanks

Mike

From Quakertown to Doylestown...just a phone call away and you end up here......HAHA!! (I'm originally from Camden, but I used to live in So. Philly too.)

Aroma hops are used diring the last 5 mins or just steeped for a couple of minutes after the flame is turned off.

The flavoring can be added to the bottling bucket along with the priming sugar.

You can place them in a nylon bag and stir them into the wort or let it sit there (steep) for 5-10 mins.

grasshopper1917 said:
What would happen if you added the flavor when your racked to secondary (assuming you were going to). Would that be too early?

not really too early. but it'd be easier to add some to the bottling bucket...taste it...add more as needed...re-taste...you get the idea.

Back