Free Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I knew you would open this thread! I'm looking for an actual BJCP judge that is willing to critique some of my brews. I've been all-graining for almost a year and I think my beers are good, my friends think they are good (anything free is good, right?:D), but I would like some "professional" judge feedback.

I'm willing to send out a few of my brews for evaluation and I'd love to have it scored like a competition. I am also sending my beers out to a few competitions in the next couple of months but would like as much feedback as possible.

I would prefer someone on this side of the country (I live in Pennsylvania) as far as shipping is concerned.

Anyone interested??

I am by no means "professional" yet, but if you are looking for an outside opinion drop me a PM. I would gladly try your brew, but be forewarned. Once I start cranking out the brews I am going to be looking for people to try mine.

Hey! We have some North West PA people here! Nice. I am from Warren. I didn't realize the Brew Fest on the 27th was also a Homebrew competition. I wish I would have known and could have tried to get something together for it.

Obviously I am unable to participate in this competition but I would love to in the future. I have yet to have a formal critique of my beers by more than friends and family. It seems that the public is able to sample and vote as well. How does this work? Do you need to bring a case of bottles or a keg or what?

Obviously I am unable to participate in this competition but I would love to in the future. I have yet to have a formal critique of my beers by more than friends and family. It seems that the public is able to sample and vote as well. How does this work? Do you need to bring a case of bottles or a keg or what?

You need to bring 5 gallons. So you can bring a corny keg or a couple cases of bottles. I wanted to enter but I don't want to give away that much beer.:D

For real. I wouldn't want to give up that much either. I could sacrifice a 12 pack or so, but 50 bottles? Nope.

For real. I wouldn't want to give up that much either. I could sacrifice a 12 pack or so, but 50 bottles? Nope.

So you're from Warren, right? I'm originally from Lakewood (actually heading there this weekend).

I'm curious where you get Homebrew supplies? Is there a shop that opened up somewhere nearby?

Unfortunately not. I have to drive to Erie and hit up the Bierhaus International or order online. The only ingredients I can get local is honey from a friend of the family.

Are you going to Southern Tier while in Lakewood? The new bar is great but I haven't been on the new tour yet.

Unfortunately not. I have to drive to Erie and hit up the Bierhaus International or order online. The only ingredients I can get local is honey from a friend of the family.

Are you going to Southern Tier while in Lakewood? The new bar is great but I haven't been on the new tour yet.

Definitely hitting Southern Tier. It's a must every time I'm home.

If you were at Southern Tier last night, so was I. I just stopped in to have a pint and fill a growler. The Gemini is out now and I remember why I loved it so much!

If you were at Southern Tier last night, so was I. I just stopped in to have a pint and fill a growler. The Gemini is out now and I remember why I loved it so much!

I was there. New bar is nice and so is 14 taps! Gemini is awesome. Really good batch of Unearthly and Porter that night too. Had a little of everything:drunk:

Latest posts

Back