Free eBay Homebrew recipe book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinmcdevitt

Reaction score
Well when I checked my email today I found my friend that I taught how to brew a few months ago:tank: had emailed me a copy of the eBay eBook with like 650ish recipes, I haven’t really gone through them, and I'm sure they can all be found across the internet.

But any who the point of this post is if you want me to email you a copy of it, just pm me with your email address

Figure I might as well offer it (and yes it is free :) )

Cheers :mug:

and for some reason if this is not allowed let me know :) and delete this thread

rdwj said:
are they extract and AG? sent a pm with my email address

hey you edited your post (at least I think)

I haven't read through them yet
Zack (can't think of his screen name) said that they are mostly extract (if not all)

but remember it's free :p and I do belive you can change an extract recipe to an AG

justinmcdevitt said:
why yes it is :), good find

mine is a zip with images (of the ebook cover), and also the book in both pdf and word, if you don't want those I would recomend just downloading from http://www.home-brewer.co.uk/beer.pdf

if you do want those I'll still email you the zip file, just ask :rolleyes:

Thanks for sending it, The PDF (or at least the one I linked to) has the pagination messed up so the farther you get into it the less likely a recipe is to start at the top of a page. I suspect that the PDF was altered from A4 size to US Letter size without regard to pagination which is why the start of each new recipe creeps down the page. I'll probably print from the word document so I can reformat it.

rdwj said:
are they extract and AG? sent a pm with my email address

In the PDF:

"Recipe Type All Grain" appears 222 times
"Recipe Type Extract" appears 390 times
"Recipe Type Partial Mash" appears 30 times

hope that helps

camiller said:
Thanks for sending it, The PDF (or at least the one I linked to) has the pagination messed up so the farther you get into it the less likely a recipe is to start at the top of a page. I suspect that the PDF was altered from A4 size to US Letter size without regard to pagination which is why the start of each new recipe creeps down the page. I'll probably print from the word document so I can reformat it.

In the PDF:

"Recipe Type All Grain" appears 222 times
"Recipe Type Extract" appears 390 times
"Recipe Type Partial Mash" appears 30 times

hope that helps

No problem with the file, I’ll email the pm’s I have right now when I get home (my personal email is block at work)
I am doing my best to reformat it into us letter too, I am noticing that several recipes just end with out any directions, or have ingredient sizes with no ingredients, oh well it is free,
I’m also trying to format it so I can have cafépress.com print me off a copy, there is a 500 page limit though so I don’t think I can have every recipe on its own page :( but I will try, I’ll put the reformatted word (and PDF) files into my zip I mail out, I also might add some recipes (and delete the useless ones) if I can get one printed for me. (like to have a copy on my book shelf)

I guess there are a fair amount of AG’s (sure hope you used search for those figures ;), if not I think you could have brewed (and probably fermented) in the time it took to count those :)

Flipping through the recipes I found a Pale Ale with “Other Ingredients: 1lbs corn flakes, secondary.” Anybody care to explain?

anoldur said:
Flipping through the recipes I found a Pale Ale with “Other Ingredients: 1lbs corn flakes, secondary.” Anybody care to explain?

Haha, I just came across that myself. I can't picture what good a pound of corn flakes would do in the secondary. Not only that, but how many boxes of corn flakes do you need to comprise one pound? Corn flakes are rather light. ;)

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_21_71_126&products_id=127
Pregelatinized yellow corn flakes (flaked maize) can be used as a cereal adjunct. The pregelatinized flakes will give a higher yield and a more trouble-free brew than a conventional flaked corn. Also, the corn has been degermed (the oil removed), eliminating rancidity. Using flaked maize as an adjunct produces a lighter color in the finished beer without lowering the original gravity. It produces a drier, crisp beer with a mild, less malty flavor.

brewt00l said:
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_21_71_126&products_id=127
Pregelatinized yellow corn flakes (flaked maize) can be used as a cereal adjunct. The pregelatinized flakes will give a higher yield and a more trouble-free brew than a conventional flaked corn. Also, the corn has been degermed (the oil removed), eliminating rancidity. Using flaked maize as an adjunct produces a lighter color in the finished beer without lowering the original gravity. It produces a drier, crisp beer with a mild, less malty flavor.

Wow, thanks brewt00l! That actually makes sense. I wouldn't think you'd be wanting to throw some Kellogg's into your beer!! :cross:

Back