Auber Single Stage Temperature Controller wiring help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoulderBayBrewing

Reaction score
Hey all,

A friend of mine gave me an Auber SYL-1512A2 PID Temperature Controller and a Crydom SSR. I've wired it up today, it reads temperature but it won't active a plug I wired to turn on if below a certain temp. Any ideas? Here is a crude diagram i just drew up to show how I wired it.

wiringdiagram.jpg

You don't have the SSR and outlet wired correctly. The white neutral from the power in needs to go to both the PID and directly to the outlet. The black line from the power in needs to go the PID like it is as well as to one of the connections on the output of the SSR. The other connection on the output of the SSR goes to the outlet.

Make sure you also set the internal settings correct as well. There are two options, temp control and PID operation.

I want to say under 0089, outy, between 2 and 3 (usage with an SSR)

Kyle

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help! It works now. I'm putting it into a dead fridge. I have a keyless light socket plugged into the outlet of the controller. It worked fine for about 10mins and then I smoked the bulb. The bulb was a 100w. Any ideas? Do light bulbs not like this type of setup? Should i just plug in a heater?

A little background:

This fridge is only temporary. I plan on building a ferm chamber in the spring that will be able to both heat and cool. I live in Canada and this fridge is in my unheated garage. Temperatures can get below -30C. My plan was to see if the 100w bulb could heat the fridge by itself. When the bulb first started the temp was at 42F and it rose to 49F until the bulb smoked itself.

Back