New Favorite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybrew

Reaction score
Good Evening HBT,
For some reason I've always strayed away from SN Celebration Ale... Not sure why, I guess I assumed it was some sort of holiday spiced or pumpkin. I don't know where I got this idea from but nonetheless that's what I thought. Thanks to BeerCloud on my Droid (shameless plug) I just happened to scan it in the store and see that it was listed as an IPA! My Favorite!

Although I'm not sure it's ready to unseat some brews like Stone in the IPA category, this has to be one of my new favorite beers! It's so smooth and just tastes amazing. Anyone else have any thoughts on this brew?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Great winter brew, and a great IPA in general. I've got to say though that Brrr has become my favorite winter brew, and maybe even IPA, by far. SN Celebration is still fantastic though.

Yeah, I picked up some of those a while back and I have to admit, that is a great beer. I loved the smooth but yet complex flavors they achieved this year.

Didn't impress me. Just tasted like a normal IPA. Not bad, but I expected something else to it I guess.

Didn't impress me. Just tasted like a normal IPA. Not bad, but I expected something else to it I guess.

It does have that typical Cascade/Centennial hop profile so common in Sierra Nevada brews. It's very good but not unique by any stretch, which is why I prefer Brrr.

When I first tried Celebration a couple of years ago....I was pretty dissappointed. I kinda expected something special for a seasonal brew. Seemed kinda lazy to make a IPA and package it as your brewery's seasonal. It's a good IPA (not to take anything away...) but it's not worth waiting all year for.....

Back