Grain suggestions to go along with hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

Reaction score
I've been searching for a recipe to go along with hops and yest I have on hand without too much luck. I have minimum of 4oz each of the following: Cascade, Centennial, Columbus, and Amarillo. I have the following yeasts on hand: US-05, WLP005 (British), and WLP023 (Burton). (I'll have a Burton yeast cake as soon as I keg my current batch.)

I'm thinking either some sort of Pale Ale or ESB or something like that. I do all grain, 5.5 gal batches. Any recipe suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :mug:

Those hops will be fine with any American or English malts, especially with the yeasts you have. Get some 2-row or Maris Otter, a little caramel/crystal, maybe toss is a pound of wheat and you have a great pale ale. But with those hops, it's hard to narrow something down because you can make just about anything.

I found this recipe that I decided to give a try. It's a little on the unconventional side, but think it might be pretty good. I'm brewing in the morning, so if anyone has any last minute tweaks to anything but the grain bill I'm open.

Back