ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bug County briefly. I think it's once a month they get ECY, always on Saturday since I've been looking. Time varies and the funk flies!

How'd the ECY03 I sent you work out? I saw on FB that should be available again in the spring.

Just moved, so I was holding off on the long aging beers until I got settled. Doing a split 10 gallon batch between ECY03 and WLP670 American Farmhouse is next on my list. With the ECY09 I was thinking low gravity Belgian Pale Ale.

The other day they sent out an email that they'd have vials of ECY01 at 3pm (Princeton homebrew that is). I was pumped as I've been wanting to get a solera started and ideally wanted some Bugfarm for it. I emailed at 3:00:00 and was told I was 17th in line so missed it.

Jesus christ really? If only my broadband was faster/I lived closer I would have scored a vial. It's a total crapshoot, sending an email at the exact correct second and crossing your fingers. Apparently a few dozen people sent an email at exactly 3pm down to the second. That's insanity.

Not to glote but I believe I got the last jar of of bugfarm last week. When I got joe's email I almost fell out of my chair, I've been trying for well over a year... more like 2 year. Just keep trying from what I've heard, it's worth it.

Al told me via Facebook:
ECY is a part time gig so it has been difficult to supply all requests. However, I have suspended brewery orders so that I can send more units to the stores for homebrewer's. Hope that helps. AL

With any luck it should get better for home brewers.

Al told me via Facebook:
ECY is a part time gig so it has been difficult to supply all requests. However, I have suspended brewery orders so that I can send more units to the stores for homebrewer's. Hope that helps. AL

That is excellent news :mug:

Al told me via Facebook:

That is good news but if I have a hunch that the real reason for focussing on home brewers right now is that the NHC is about an hour from where Al lives. My guess is he wants to hit NHC hard with alot of vials...I have nothing to back up my claims, just speculating.

That is good news but if I have a hunch that the real reason for focussing on home brewers right now is that the NHC is about an hour from where Al lives. My guess is he wants to hit NHC hard with alot of vials...I have nothing to back up my claims, just speculating.

Maybe. In a different exchange (not with me) it seemed that this would the approach for all of 2013 and then he'd take it from there.

Thats great news though. I have 4-5 ECY strains I have been keeping alive for a while, but some of them (specifically the bug blends) seem to be on their last leg.

I picked up two viles of ECY01 for a project. I will be more than happy to send out slants when I get them cultured up.

Dang, switching it up. Had been posting new ECY on saturdays. Still have some sacc strains, but the funk is gone.

If anyone has extra/slants/whatever, I would be highly interested. I have a starter of Crooked Stave's Petit Sour strain I'd be happy to send in exchange.

Thankfully I was checking my e-mail and got an e-mail off right at 1pm (4pm EST) and was able to get 2 vials of ECY01.

Thankfully I was checking my e-mail and got an e-mail off right at 1pm (4pm EST) and was able to get 2 vials of ECY01.

I'm in Corvallis as well, let me know if you are interested in some trades or anything if you can spare some slurry for me to build up.

Yeah, I'm sure we can figure something. Heck maybe I'll trade you for some sour/lambic knowledge, I'll be doing my first brett beer in a week and 1/2 but using the ECY01 will be my first true sour experience.

Awesome, managed to get some ECY01 Bug Farm and ECY23 Oud Bruin. I'm thinking of maybe doing a Berliner Weisse with the Oud Bruin, since it has all the lacto in it.

3 ECY 01 and 1 ECY 02 left as of now. Someone buy them. I don't need them, but the hoarder in me is so tempted.

Yeah the shipping is rough, I couldn't pull the trigger on $20 for my yeast...and I really wanted to, just couldn't

What makes the ECY so interesting? I have four WLP Brett strains and one lacto in the fridge. What is unique about ECY?

What makes the ECY so interesting? I have four WLP Brett strains and one lacto in the fridge. What is unique about ECY?

ECY blends blow the wyeast and white labs stuff out of the water. Instead of blending maybe 6 yeast/microbes, the ECY blends have 2-3 times as many, higher cell counts, and seem to be making some amazing beers so far.

ECY also has some single strain and brett blends that have different strains than the wyeast/wlp. I've been using the ECY03 saison brett. I'm itching to get some when it's out again to compare it with the stuff I've been re-using since last year.

TNGabe said:
ECY blends blow the wyeast and white labs stuff out of the water. Instead of blending maybe 6 yeast/microbes, the ECY blends have 2-3 times as many, higher cell counts, and seem to be making some amazing beers so far.

ECY also has some single strain and brett blends that have different strains than the wyeast/wlp. I've been using the ECY03 saison brett. I'm itching to get some when it's out again to compare it with the stuff I've been re-using since last year.

Is ECY03 a pure Brett or blend with Sacc? Sounds interesting; I'm trying to get ahold of as many Brett strains as I can.

Seems there is not website or anything explaining the different yeast packages... Anyone have a URL?

berebrando said:
Is ECY03 a pure Brett or blend with Sacc? Sounds interesting; I'm trying to get ahold of as many Brett strains as I can.

Seems there is not website or anything explaining the different yeast packages... Anyone have a URL?

Love2brew.com has strain descriptions.

ECY 03 is 4 sacc strains and Brett from Fantome. I think mine is mostly Brett now, but I have no idea.

How often does new ECY go up on love2brew? I thought I signed up for the newsletter/notices but have never gotten any of them.

Latest posts

Back