we had our first club meeting.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just got back from our first club meeting. We had about 25 people show up, we gave away 2X22oz insulated bottle carries filled w/ some great beers (donated by the owner of "The Ale House") we had Pizza (Donated by Ultimate Pizza Co.) Shawn from North Star craft brewery in Shasta Lake showed up and offered up his place for our next meeting on March 7th @ 4:00. We talked about club names and what we all would like to see from this club. It was more of a meet and greet and to introduce ourselves. I shared a little about me and what I can offer to the brewing community.
I will post more on this site about what we all do as a club. If any of you are in this area please feel free to contact me if you would like to hang out and have a brew with me or any of the members. Everyone seemed very genuine as we all know the brewing community is!
It was a GREAT time and I am looking forward to the next meeting!
Cheers
JJ

It's always cool to meet other people interested in brewing. I'm looking forward to future meets, hopefully we'll have an even bigger turnout next time. Let me know when you guys are ready to start selling supplies too. :mug:

Justin

O heck ya will do. I have a few things I need to get in order and we will be good to go. I thought it was a good time and also look forward to more. I am also going to offer Jeremy some help out at the collage if he needs it. I am going to try and plan a brew at my pad next week, let me know what your schedual looks like. Maybe you and some of the others can swing by for a pint or 3 LOL.
Cheers
JJ

Are they offering a brewing class at the college? that would be cool. Someone told me they have a winemaking class. I'm heading out of town wednesday, I wont be back till sun afternoon. I will definitely swing by if I'm in town when your brewing.

Yes there is a class at Shasta. Jeremy from the meeting is teaching the class. I don't know how detailed it is, but it sounds interesting. Ya as far as the brew day goes, I will keep you posted and in the loop.
Cheers
Jay

cool, I must've missed that part of the meeting. is it like a basic how-to-brew class?

cool, I must've missed that part of the meeting. is it like a basic how-to-brew class?

Ya I guess the first class he put a can of Coopers in water added yeast and called it a day. I am sure there was more to it than that but, you get the jist. Several of the people from the meeting are in his class. I guess Jeremy has a 1 or a 1.5 BBL system in his garage. I am gonna have to see that.
Cheers
JJ

I dont remember which one was jeremy. Was he wearing the green sweatshirt sitting at the head of the table, next to steve?

Uhhh I am not sure. But I think that was Shawn (the owner of Northstar Brewery) Jeremy has a lazy eye, a big guy, fairly quiet (unlike me! LOL)

I know shawn. was it a green flannel shirt? He said he bought the equipment from the owner of the old red, white and brew and wants to start a small brewery? I don't know, i came in a few minutes late and missed most of the introductions. That's pretty cool though. I wish there was a class like that when I first got into brewing.

I know shawn. was it a green flannel shirt? He said he bought the equipment from the owner of the old red, white and brew and wants to start a small brewery? I don't know, i came in a few minutes late and missed most of the introductions. That's pretty cool though. I wish there was a class like that when I first got into brewing.

Yep that was the guy. I had drinks with him a few months ago, he and his brewing partner. so are you going to be able to make it to the next meeting?

I think I am going to try and get a brew session in sometime this week. I am going to brew my Blonde again and try to add a bit more body. It seems a little thin to me. Last batch I mashed @ 149* I am going to kick it up to 152* and I am starting the 30 min mashes so this will be my first at that.
Cheers
Jay

Back