Sweetwater Blue style beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsmasters

Reaction score
I am new to the home brewing world and I am already extremely hooked. I am now tasting the fruit of my labors on a Red Ale that is EXTREMELY GOOD!!!! I now want to step it up and do a beer that is like the Sweetwater BLUE. This is a very pale ale with a blueberry extract. I have found several pale ale recipes but i am having a huge problem finding the blueberry beer additive. Has anyone done this before or do you know where i can find the stuff?

Cheers:mug:

you might have to go the whole berry route. there are quite a few links on here about fruiting your beer give a search and find out how*. Sweetwater Blue rocks so if you get close post the recipe!

*translation: I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to give you the wrong info

You should be able to find blue berry extract at any Homebrew supply and you can definatly find it on one of the big online stores (more beer, northern brewer, austin homebrew, ect...). IMO, I would use fresh fruit, in your secondary. I am not a huge fan of the extracts. I haven't had this beer, does it have a blue color to it? If it does they most likely used real blue berries. if not then Probably go with the extract. Post a recipe if you turn out a good one.:drunk:

Cheers

I'm thinking about doing a blueberry to give away this summer and will probably go the whole berry route, it is incredibly simple and tastes better than the flavor extract imo.

Let me know if you want any advice on using whole fruit.

thanks guys, teh Sweetwater BLUE does not have any blue tint, that's why i didn't think that it used whole fruit. Thanks for the info...i let you know.

Cheers

Back