Anyone have a good Blueberry wine recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AACJ

Reaction score
My wife and kids picked about 3 lbs of fresh blueberries yesterday, does anyone have a good blueberry wine recipe I can use? I haven't made a wine yet, I pretty much stick to beer but have made a few nice meads.

I would appreciate ANY info or recipes you may have.

Thanks

AACJ said:
Well, any suggestions?
Sorry I missed your original post as i wasn't on the forum much in early August. I did one earlier this year using wild blueberries I picked up on the Moors near my house - Whimberries is the local name for them where I am, they're much smaller than the American version but taste the same.
I couldn't find a recipe in my books so I just went with a few basic principles to cover all angles with this:-

Makes 1 UK Gallon (4.5 Ltrs)
3lb Well cleaned and rinsed Berries
1/2lb Chopped Raisins
2.1/2lb Sugar
2 Teaspoons Yeast Nutrient
1 Teaspoon Pectin Destroying Enzyme
1 Teaspoon Citric Acid
1 Teaspoon of Tannin
1 Teaspoon Dried Wine yeast
1 UK Gallon Cold water

Last time I tasted it it was very fruity, I'm aging it for another 6 months before i try again.

My husband and I made this recipe last year and everyone absolutely loved it. When we transferred the wine to secondary, we split it into two 1-gallon batches. I added a cinnamon stick to mine and he added a vanilla bean to his. They both turned out wonderful. It makes a full bodied semi dry wine. Here is the recipe for 2 gallons:

5 lbs. Blueberries
2 lbs raisins
4 lbs. Sugar
3 tsp. Acid blend
2 tsp. Yeast Nutrient
1 tsp. Pectic Enzyme
1 Packet Montrachet Yeast
Camden
12 pts boiling water

Put blueberries and raisins in a mesh bag in primary and mash till thoroughly blended.
Bring water to rolling boil, add sugar, and stir until dissolved.
Pour sugar water over fruit blend and stir. Let mixture cool.
Add Acid Blend, Yeast Nutrient and Pectic Enzyme, stir, then let sit 12 hours.
Add Montrachet Yeast.
Allow must to “breath” (leave partially covered) up to three days, stir occasionally.
Cover and use air lock. Once fermentation has slowed around 7 - 10 days, remove bag of fruit. Around 2 weeks, transfer to secondary and add Camden. Rack monthly until clear.

Back