Wonder if it worked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gop

Reaction score
Hi

I've got almost 20 litres of cider in my primary (I use a plastic beer brewing keg). Initially I also added about 3 cups of brown sugar and 1 of white sugar.

It's been sitting for about a week now. It bubbled quite a lot for about 3 days but then stopped. I've given it a little shake once or twice but no more bubbles. Is this too quick for the fermenting? Could something have gone wrong?

I'm planning on leaving it to sit there for another week or 2 then bottle. I prefer dry cider so I was thinking of just straight out putting it in the bottles without tampering with it any more. I wasn't planning on adding any more sugar to the bottles, and if there isn't any bubbles, they shouldn't become bombs right? The downside might be that the alcohol content may be on the lowish side. I suspect it will be maybe 5-6% due to the initial extra sugar.

How do you folks think it will turn out? Did it die early? :mug:

What yeast did you use? What was the temperature? What kind of juice did you use? It could have fermented that quickly, or it could be stuck.

Back