Can I bottle this safely?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knowltonm

Reaction score
I was planning on bottling my 2 batches tonight, an oberon and a red. The oberon was fine, the red however is still producing some very small bubbles and has some collecting at the sides on the top. It was in primary for 1 week, OG 1.062, FG 1.020. Then transferred to secondary for 3 weeks...unfortunately our hydrometer is an hour and a half away. Is this safe to bottle, or is this a batch of bottle bombs waiting to happen? We've never seen bubbling this far out. Thanks!

I'm sure you don't want to hear this- but without a hydrometer reading, there is no way to tell.

The bubbling could be co2 off gassing, due to movement or temperature change. Or it could be re-fermentation kicked off by movement or temperature change!

Thanks for the quick replies, I'm going to wait til Thursday and see what it looks like...better safe than sorry. I've never experienced a bottle bomb and I never want to.

Back