Watermelon Ale from Williams brew..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppySatan

Reaction score
Hey all, This is my second batch so excuse my noobness and lack of patience. I don't have the exact ingredients to list because the kit only has labels on the bags not a breakdown of measurements. It came with a LME, flavoring hops, a smackpack and a bottle of flavoring. Anyway all went very well with the boil thru to the primary. Then I listened to a neighbor, who has brewing experience, and he said 'go ahead and transfer to secondary after a week'. I thought that was early but I have sampled his brews and they were all good so I did what he said. Since in the secondary(1 day ago) there are no bubbles in the airlock though the were present in primary. OG was 1.068 and I checked it when I transfered and it was 1.010?? Package says it'll finish around 1.018. Did I just transfer to early or did I ruin the batch? I'm not really worried if the alcohol level is less because of the early transfer I just want to be good. I was rushing this to get it kegged cause I'm about to float my first batch. I have a Nut Brown Ale on it's way and will HOPEFULLY be able to show some patience this time:eek:. Thanks, HJ

You didn't ruin your batch and it was most defiantly done fermenting! 1.010 is pretty low if it was predicted to finish at 1.018. The beer will be thinner and higher alcohol. Are you sure the beer was designed to finish at 1.018? That seems high for a beer like that.

Finishing 'at or around 1.018' was actually mentioned the the brewing directions. It never gave a est. SG like the first kit I brewed. Glad it isn't ruined :)

Latest posts

Back