keezer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piney

Reaction score
I have 18.5 inches in my freezer from my hump to top. If I use a 1" X 8" collar, I should have around 26.5 inches. A soda keg is 23 inches. Is that enough room? Trying to keep collar small because I will attach it to freezer and only hing the lid. Another question, as far as a drip tray is concerned - I saw a three hole drip tray. Does this kind get mounted to the faucets for support? Is that a good or bad idea? Thanks in advance. Getting ready to go all grain and keezer !!!!

3 inches for the line above the keg should be enough. If you have the kegs lying around do a measure yourself to be sure. If not leave some room for error.

As for the drip tray I'm not sure what most people do. I would be weary of mounting it to a keezer. I have not had good luck drilling wholes in freezers..... I've heard that some people use strong magnets. I'm sure some sort of adhesive would work well too. For now I don't even have a drip tray. Maybe I'll give making one a try sometime...

I glued a section of 1 X 3 to the freezer and then hung the drip tray from screws in the wood. Worked just fine for me:

5867438829_460bc76f8c_z.jpg

5867994012_839a0cff78_z.jpg

A side benefit to using the 1 x 3 is that it centers the drip tray more directly under the taps. I roughed up the paint on the freezer with sandpaper and used Gorilla Glue to attach it. A little tub and tile adhesive caulk around the edge of the wood gave it a more finished appearance.

I have 18.5 inches in my freezer from my hump to top. If I use a 1" X 8" collar, I should have around 26.5 inches. A soda keg is 23 inches. Is that enough room?

Put a keg on the hump, attach the quick disconnects and hoses, and measure it. Those disconnects and hoses can add quite a bit of height to your keg. My lid closed fine when the keg wasn't hooked up... but not when I connected the hoses. I had to carve some insulation out of my keezer lid to get the lid to close properly with a keg on the hump.

your eight inches is not eight and you may have a half inch of drop down off your lid. +1 to put a keg in with a disconnect and measure, but i would go with a 10" to be on the safe side. also your lines are going to go up a little.

Back