I just got some pliny. I got a couple ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
My buddy sent me some Pliny straight from the brewery. I Just got it in the fridge at around 3:45 pm eastern time today.

Any suggestions?

Drink it tonight or wait for it to be in the fridge over night?
Serving temp?
Which glass to use?

Drink it like you would any other beer.
I'd let it cool down for a couple of hours and then drink it. I drink all my beer from a Belgian style glass. They keep the aromas more concentrated.

I say drink it tonight around 45F from a tulip glass. Drink it slowly and note the differences as it warms. I've never had Pliny, but this advice has worked well for me with all IIPAs.

Make sure you report back about what you thought. I just tried a bottle 4 days ago so the flavor profile is still crystal clear. Love to discuss.

My buddy sent me some Pliny straight from the brewery. I Just got it in the fridge at around 3:45 pm eastern time today.

Any suggestions?

Drink it tonight or wait for it to be in the fridge over night?
Serving temp?
Which glass to use?

I personally like to let a beer rest in the fridge for at least 24hrs before I crack it, unless of course I picked it up cold at the bottle shop.

Start at normal refrigeration temp. If you drink it before it's warmed up you're likely drinking it too fast anyways :D

If you're really into hop aroma a tulip is a good choice. A 20oz Nonic Pint is also a perfect fit for a Pliny bottle. I've had em in a straight up pint glass before too, and it was still damned tasty.

They use regular pint glasses at the brewery.. plenty large enough for me to get my snozolla into the glass and cover it with foam :D

They use regular pint glasses at the brewery.. plenty large enough for me to get my snozolla into the glass and cover it with foam :D

Every time I've been there it's been nonic pints. I don't think I've ever seen a beer served at the brewery in a standard pint, but yeah, in a pinch Pliny in a standard pint tastes and smells just fine.

Back