Input on AHA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonB

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed the extract version of the Ruabeoir recipe that was posted as the recipe of the week on the American Homebrewers web site? It's from the book "Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew" By Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. I have a friend who is from Dublin and would like to brew something that may remind him of home. I did however just try a bottle of Murphey's Premium Red Ale and wasn't all that pleased with the beer (Poor smell, thin MF, skunk in the brew). I picked it up on the recommendation of a VERY knowledgeable clerk at a local beer/liqueur store (OK, he was stocky, had a big beard and black horn-rim glasses so he basically oozed beer aficionado)
The recipe looks really good but wanted some feedback on this before I started a brew, cuz if this comes out like Murphy's... well I've got other ones that I will go with!
Also, anyone know of a good extract Beamish clone?

Thanks All!! :mug:

Back