Brew Club in CT - Farmington Valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcpell

Reaction score
Anyone here from CT, specifically the farmington valley (Canton, Simsbury, Granby, Avon, etc.) involved (or want to be) in a brew club?

I've done some looking around and can't seem to find an active brew club in this area. There are a few that are about an hour from the area (Undergroud Brewers, Hop River, etc.), but I'd like to do something more local.

So, if there are any clubs anyone is aware of that are taking new members in the area, please let me know. Otherwise, is anyone interested in helping me get one started?

Thanks,
McP

You're more than welcome to help me try to get a group together. There is a group in Newington listed on the AHA site. Here's the info:

Newington, CT
Tarbenders
Phone: 860-667-9955 Email: [email protected]

Not sure if you've talked with them or if they are still around. Just thought I'd share the info. I'll add you to my list of those interested and when I reach any sort of critical mass I'll start getting some more details out, etc.

I'm in West Hartford and would be interested. I've never participated in a brew club before and I'd like to have some local homebrew pals.

That's great. We're fairly light on members right now, but I've started getting the word out.

Pickngrin and anyone else interested - I started an online group here:

http://fvbrewers.groups.live.com/

It is not meant to replace HBT as a site for discussion and information sharing. Rather, it's meant to provide a site for all of us to start getting somewhat organized.

Enjoy,
McP

I'm in Simsbury just as much as I am down here in Meriden and have been thinking about getting involved in something like this. Unfortunately the site isnt working for me. If you guys have got anything going yet, or need some help, just PM me with some info.

Farmington Valley Brewers is official - I just submitted the info to the AHA site. Not sure how long it will take before it shows up in their PDF, but I've uploaded it.

I've got about three or so people that are interested at this point.

Go here to join the group:
http://fvbrewers.groups.live.com/

Simplly click the sign-in button, use a windows live id (or create one if you don't have one) and then you'll be presented with a screen to ask to be invited.

McP

Thought I'd provide an update. We've got three active members at this point, have met a couple of times and are in the process of figuring out what exactly we are going to do in terms of schedule, content, mission, etc.

There are a couple of other guys that have "joined" but haven't made it to a get together yet.

If there are others in the Farmington Valley area of Connecticut (Avon, Canton, Simsbury, Farmington, Granby, West Hartford, etc.) that are interested in joining a growing club please feel free to PM me or just email me directly

mcp at threepines.com

I realize this is a two year old thread but....

I am looking for a local home brew circle to join. I live in Simsbury for now, but may be moving to Windsor next year. Are you guys still meeting?

This thread is kinda old, but mcpell, I can't get into that live group. I'm in Farmington and am a brew noob. I'd love to meet with other local brewers!

Yeah, the group never really got off the ground. We met a couple of times, but it just didn't hold. I'm happy to talk one-on-one if you've got questions, want to share samples, etc. I'm in Canton.

Absolutely. I am just about to bottle my first batch this weekend. I'd love a seasoned brewer's input! And if anything, just sharing ideas, experiences, etc.

Does anyone know if there is still an active brew club in the Avon/canton area? I am new to homebrewing and would love to meet with others more experienced or new to this as well to learn from. Thanks!
-Devon

Back