Rut Roh Roerge... Too cold?, HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangordon0128

Reaction score
OK, first brew. Picked a kit a little out of my league... American IPA from Morebeer.

boil boil, skip a bit....

PITCH: White labs CA ale liquid
after 28 hours (72 degrees) ...an explosion of awesome beer making awesomeness (fermentation)

after 4 days.. starting to trail off
After 5 days, temperature drops to 64-56, nothing more happening visibly

It is day 8 still nothing and I still am having trouble getting back up to 72.

Gravity now is 1.011 and it tastes pretty beery. (no OG reading cause someone broke the Hydro mid boiling.) I bought a new one.

Should I just move it to the secondary...

Will the opening of the 6 1/2 gallon primary introduce air that is going to ruin my brew.....ahhhh..... relax...something....drink a .... oh forget it.

You could put a few blankets over it and just leave it a few more days and rack it on the weekend. Letting it sit in primary up to a month won't hurt it. I usually go about 2 weeks anymore.

Congrats on your first brew. The hardest skill to learn in homebrewing is patience. You'll thank yourself later for not rushing your brews out of primary/secondary.

You got down to 1.011, right? That's probably about as far as it's going to go.

You can move to Secondary if you want, or just leave it in Primary for another week or two with no problem.

Back