Kettle suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So the last part for my AG setup (aside from fixing a minor leak in one of the ball-valves) is a larger kettle. Currently have a 6 1/2 gal SS, looking to get maybe a 10-gal with ball-valve & a thermo. Yes, I'm a cheap, lazy bastard, but all that I've found is in the $300+ range, which seems a bit steep for a few pieces of folded metal if you ask me.

Any thoughts on sites with cheap(er) kettles?

MoreBeer has 15G kettles with ball valves on sale for $200. New issues of Zymurgy and BYO have a coupon code for an extra 10% off the kettle as well.

No thermometer or diptube though...

If you want to go cheap try the Update International pots available on websites like www.foodservicewarehouse.com. If you want something top line which will last forever try www.brewmasterswarehouse. They have a 11% sale today so you can pick up a 10 gallon Boilermaker for about $270. I don't think the Boilermaker is that overpriced when you look at all the features.

I ordered the morebeer heavy duty pot because I wanted one with a cladded bottom and welded bulkhead.

The pot I am currently using, $140 with weldless ball valve, dip tube, and bazooka screen from FH Steinbart scorches my wort because the bottom is thin with no aluminum core. This pot will now become my MLT where scorching is not an issue. Nothing wrong with it but it is the inexpensive option.

If you're up for cutting an opening and drilling a few holes and installing weldless fittings, go the keggle route. I bought a basic keg with a hole pre-cut from www.brew-magic.com a few years ago for $50. I was going to recommend them, but now they want $129 for a reconditioned keg with a hole cut in it, which seems like an absurd price to me. I've read on HBT that you can find them at junk yards for $20-30 or so, and if you don't mind keeping a keg indefinitely that you paid a deposit on, you can always get one from a liquor store, or wherever else you can get kegs from.

If you want something top line which will last forever try www.brewmasterswarehouse.com. They have a 11% sale today so you can pick up a 10 gallon Boilermaker for about $270. I don't think the Boilermaker is that overpriced when you look at all the features.

I'm not sure if Blichmann pots count as their pages say "This product does not qualify for any discounts".

You are right, I just tried it. Previously the coupon codes had worked with Blichmann products. I guess it has been changed now.

Coupon does work with his other pots though, PolarWare etc.

Latest posts

Back