Capping Glass Carbonated Water Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTownLiquorPig

Reaction score
I've done a couple searches trying to find this answer, but couldn't find much. Does anyone know if the plastic PET bottle caps will seal on the green glass sparkling water bottles? Or are these bottles even an option?

I've bottled most of my last batch in 2 L plastic pop bottles, but SWMBO doesn't think I need to drink 2 L of beer/night. She might be right, so I'm looking for cheap/easy options for bottling.

here is how you test it...
fill the bottle with cold water and let it get very cold, then empty the bottle and put the cap on it. Let the bottle warm to room temp. Once warm the bottle will have some pressure on it. Open it, if it hisses the caps hold pressure... just not sure how much. You push the test by getting it cold, capping it empty and then warming past room temp. I would say if you can get the bottle to 100f with out the cap leaking then I would say they work.

Latest posts

Back