Can anyone help me think of this commercial beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it is an Irish Red Ale owned by coors which they stopped selling in the US when they acquired Killian's because they would have been competing, but it is still available in the UK. I need to know because I need a gift for this person and he was telling me about this beer but I forgot the name.

HA! Oh man, are you sure it isn't owned by Anheuser-Busch? If that's the case you're thinking of "Red Wolf." One of my old roommates had a sign for it and it surprised the crap out of me to find out it was brewed by Bud. I remember it being sold but I've never had it as I've never seen it since I was a bit younger.

Caffreys?

Caffrey's Irish Ale; (After Coors purchased Caffrey's from Interbrew, it ceased importation of the beer into the U.S. market. Coors decided that continued sale of Caffrey's in the U.S. market would interfere with branding of Killian's as Coors' premier Irish brew. Many Irish bars around the U.S. have Caffrey's paraphernalia but no longer can sell the beer. Coors' decision to sell Killian's over Caffrey's in the US market while removing the nitrogen charged Caffrey's allowed Diageo Guinness to gain marketshare with its Smithwick's brew in Irish bars throughout the U.S.).
Coors Brewing Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back