The Great International Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewRI

Reaction score
Went to my first "beerfest" in Providence, RI Saturday night and oh man that was fun. I thought there would be a lot more microbreweries there but there were 70-80 booths with anywhere from 1-6 beers from that company at each booth. If you guys get the chance I would recommend trying it once, the atmosphere is great, the food is good, and the beer is never, ever, ever ending.

I went to the day session yesterday. It was pretty good but I think it was smaller this year than it was last year and there were a handful of breweries/distributors who brought fewer beers than they brought last year. I'm not knocking it, just saying. I've gone the past two years and I'll probably be going next year too. There's a few good bars to hit up in Providence while you're in town as well.

I like Trinity Brewhouse, especially because they make one of my favorite IPA's. I loved going to Snookers but I havn't been there since they moved to a new spot, not even sure where it is. I've been to a bunch of the college bars but that's about it I lived there for a year but was only 21 there for a month, now I hit up the Narragansett/Wakefield bars

Trinity's not bad and I picked up one of their Tshirts yesterday. Their Scotch ale was pretty good too though I had to dump the Baltic Porter.

Back