Never thought I'd be this guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!

Here's mine a couple months ago.

image-3284358201.jpg

lou2row said:
I'd like to do more experimenting type batches, and those would work out sweet.

They're great for lagering too - make a 3.5 gal batch, ferment in a regular sized fermenter. Leaving trub behind, you can transfer 3.1, 3.2 gals to one of these and you get zero headspace.

image-3386290447.jpg

I have four going now; two with mead and two with beer.

I tried to hold off on the second beer fermenter, but I have freed up more bottles than I thought I would. I figured no sense leaving bottles empty when I don't have to.

I realized with horror that if I keep up at my current pace I'd be up for 180 gallons in 2012, creeping up on the legal limit of 100 gallons per person per household. Only IT'S ALL ME. :drunk:

Awesome.

1 Just went in to carb yesterday, two fermenting away and one I was going to brew this weekend but will have to put off to next. Looks like the keezer will be filled back up in no time. :p

The lineup:

Robert the Bruce clone
Honey nut Brown
Kate the Great RIS clone
second runnings from the KtG with additional oatmeal and lactose to make a oatmeal and milk stout.

The wife and I like em big and malty!

i love the 3 gallon better bottles.
just did a quick extract on the stove last night, apparently i boil off almost a gallon an hour on the stove as well as the backyard.. lol
ended up with about 2.5G in the better bottle, pitched before i left work this mornin

I'm really new at brewing, but the only ting keeping me from becoming "that guy" really quickly is that we might be moving in a few weeks, and I'd hate to have to transport that much fermenting beer to a new city!

Back